Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Phone mount on Gutter Vac Poles

dyson123

Hi all, anyone figured out a way to mount their phone on the poles when doing gutters?

I’ve got a GoPro and it’s great but mounting the phone on the pole would be really handy...

You could buy a arm band phone holder, what people use to place their phone in when they are jogging. That should wrap around your pole for your phone.

Hi all, anyone figured out a way to mount their phone on the poles when doing gutters?

I’ve got a GoPro and it’s great but mounting the phone on the pole would be really handy...
I've done this for mine. Cut two lines into the back of a cheap phone case and used a cable tie to attach a Terry clip. As I have used a Terry clip that's a little bit oversized, I wrap a microfibre cloth around the gutter pole and then mount it over that. Handy to wipe your hands on too, if needed.

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. Dead easy. Get an aftermarket gopro handlebar mount and a poundland phone tripod. Bin the tripod and use the sprung phone holder. £8 job done.

I don't mean this as an insult but you guys need to think outside of the box more. You'd save a fortune

Adapt innovate & overcome 

20200614_191032.jpg

20200614_191030.jpg

Yes. Dead easy. Get an aftermarket gopro handlebar mount and a poundland phone tripod. Bin the tripod and use the sprung phone holder. £8 job done.

I don't mean this as an insult but you guys need to think outside of the box more. You'd save a fortune

Adapt innovate & overcome 

View attachment 20974

View attachment 20975
That's a good advise.  I use similar clamp.

" I don't mean this as an insult but you guys need to think outside of the box more. You'd save a fortune"

I don't mean to insult but I wouldn't bin new tripod. I would think outside of the box and I would either keep, sell it or give to someone ;d

That's a good advise.  I use similar clamp.

" I don't mean this as an insult but you guys need to think outside of the box more. You'd save a fortune"

I don't mean to insult but I wouldn't bin new tripod. I would think outside of the box and I would either keep, sell it or give to someone ;d
It's a cheap piece of plastic that breaks after two uses so it's worth nothing and isn't fit for purpose as the 1/4 20 bolt is plastic

I paid £1.99 delivered (upto 4.99 now) for one of these bad boys - wraps around a Gardiner guttvac pole (51mm) whilst holding my iPhone securely - weighs nothing and does the job without any 'Blue Peter' skills required ? 

image.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353173518302

I bought an arm band phone holder that rotates on Amazon and strap it to my forearm and it works really well. I found it annoying when the phone was on the pole. I find it much better on my arm. 

Back