Anyone know Pete Marshall, Marshall pro guy

windowsurfer

windowsurfer

As title says anyone know if Pete Marshall is ok,?phoned him last wednesday n spoke on phone about roof scrapers, then ordered roof scrapers of him same day, got a text from him same day saying he received payment, said it would be about wed this wk til delivery, no sign n have tried phoning past couple of days n text n email today. No response, so dont know if he has been hit with the bug or something else? 

I could be wrong but I am sure a while back this guy was ripping people off, full of promises but never delivered what he said he would as in orders didn't turn up or they were just cheaply knocked up and not worth the money, hope I'm wrong 

• Like 1
windowsurfer

That's not good to hear, but if that's the case, that's not a good situation for myself,hope it's not the case.

windowsurfer

The scrapers look like they will do the job well.  

Saw the AE Mackintosh youtube video n thought they were the biz.

7 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

That's not good to hear, but if that's the case, that's not a good situation for myself,hope it's not the case.

I could be wrong but as soon as you mentioned the name it made me think, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1

He's been hit and miss for ages unfortunately. We have several off his roof scraper set up's and they're worth the money, Literally earnt thousands with them. 

• Like 1
windowsurfer

Obviously not his main job, just a pest when I was expecting to do a job this week with them n had a enquiry for another one.

@windowsurfer where are you located. Perhaps one of us may loan you a set?

im in Wiltshire and have a set ready to plug into a gardiner section one. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, windowsurfer said:

Obviously not his main job, just a pest when I was expecting to do a job this week with them n had a enquiry for another one.

Make your own this took me ten muinits to make and works very well ,it’s light if you need shaped ones it’s easy to cut it to fit the tile  shape , it’s made from a soffit board .

F37F5DFD-7132-45D7-B713-778BA8D9188A.jpeg

8B1CCBB5-D91A-4628-971D-9BB201FD14ED.jpeg

Edited by Pjj
  • Like 4
windowsurfer
4 hours ago, Omega said:

@windowsurfer where are you located. Perhaps one of us may loan you a set?

im in Wiltshire and have a set ready to plug into a gardiner section one. 

That's very kind of you, I live in Fife scotland, so I guess off the radar.

I do clean the windows for Wiltshire farmfoods in perthshire😁

windowsurfer
4 hours ago, Pjj said:

Make your own this took me ten muinits to make and works very well ,it’s light if you need shaped ones it’s easy to cut it to fit the tile  shape , it’s made from a soffit board .

F37F5DFD-7132-45D7-B713-778BA8D9188A.jpeg

8B1CCBB5-D91A-4628-971D-9BB201FD14ED.jpeg

Yep that's a good idea, the connection does need to be at the top, as I did make one with a floor scraper, but when I showed the customer what I would be doing, I could see the gooseneck was going to obstruct getting the angle properly.

windowsurfer

Went to homebase n made one out of this,perhaps not as strong as fascia board, but think be good for moss on slate roof

15914651721467262874371022579914.jpg

8 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

Went to homebase n made one out of this,perhaps not as strong as fascia board, but think be good for moss on slate roof

15914651721467262874371022579914.jpg

Works better than the professionally made ones trust me I borrowed a metal scraper off a friend ,it was heavy small very noisy on the tiles , the one I made out of facias board cost nothing as it was a scrap piece , it’s light doesn’t damage the tiles as it’s plastic it wares not scraping the tile surface off , you can make one up for difference type designs, and make them any width you want ,I have a few roof cleans coming up when I can get a scaffold company  to erect it , and will be making a wider one fir that job . 

windowsurfer

Yep, thought i could make a wider one. See how it goes, could probably be fine with three times the size of it.

windowsurfer

Got some shelving bracket to stick pole connection top. Dose the trick, but obviously about the weight of a brush, compared to using plastic scraper.

IMG-20200607-WA0003.jpeg

2 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

Got some shelving bracket to stick pole connection top. Dose the trick, but obviously about the weight of a brush, compared to using plastic scraper.

IMG-20200607-WA0003.jpeg

Don’t  know if I would use a swivel for roof scraping ?. Think ridged might work better 

windowsurfer
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Don’t  know if I would use a swivel for roof scraping ?. Think ridged might work better 

Yep,I'm sure rigid is better, just stuck on to see if it will get into angles