Vehicles of our past and present.

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking of the vehicles that have been part of the different chapters of my life. I'm wondering if anyone else ever takes the time to think back and do the same? If so I'd really like to see some photos, if they'd like to share. These are from the early 60s. This was our first 4 wheel transport. Before that it was BSA and Triumph motorcycles, sometimes with a sidecar. I'm not sure but I think the van was a Fordson side valve. Cruising speed was about 30 mph. We used to go camping with it frequently. Canvey island, Southend and the New forest were our usual destinations from Willesden, North West London.

20200606_151533.jpg

20200606_151539.jpg

Edited by Davy G
  • Like 2
scottish cleaning service

I usually run my cars for 10yrs and hand over to my brother. Had my Crafter over 10yrs now and had bottom reprayed but its only done 70k miles. Probably last so long because I always take care of them and get them serviced every year. Got two new back tyres fitted yesterday and it was only £150 and that was supply and fit by my mate. I used to buy Continental on net for £110 each but not anymore, these tyres are great and I don't feel any difference. Looking at getting a bigger van next year if business continues to grow. 😉

Just now, Cookie said:

I think all we really want to know is whether you still have the teddy.... 😁

20200606_151539.thumb.jpg.0e90e42ddbbc7fe9d442eabc4f1355b3.jpg

No Cookie. I gave Susie away to a younger kid a couple of years ago.

We used to travel all around the UK for 4 to 5 weeks in summer in my parents Austin 1800 towing a Sprite Musketeer caravan. They were both teachers so had long holidays.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cookie said:

We used to travel all around the UK for 4 to 5 weeks in summer in my parents Austin 1800 towing a Sprite Musketeer caravan. They were both teachers so had long holidays.

Nice car. Dad had a Wolsey 18/85 for a while in the early 80s. A similar car.

I knew a retired guy who used to travel the west coast of Ireland with a Sprite Musketeer 14 on sea fishing tours with his dog.

Any photos you'd like to share Cookie?

Edited by Davy G

7 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I gave Susie away to a younger kid a couple of years ago.

You gave your sister away of little ted 🤔

Just now, Iron Giant said:

You gave your sister away of little ted 🤔

Yeah mate! Couldn't Part with Teddy., 😁