Doug

Lichen on solar panels

Doug
10 hours ago, NoName said:

That will be your custies 'misunderstanding' Doug - you're not to use cleaning solutions/chemicals on them but cleaning is obviously a very good idea if they want to maximise their feed in tariffs - clean vs dirty/dusty panels generate at least 1/3 more electricity (at least that's what google proved on their enormous arrays in the US used to power their server farms) 

It literally pays for itself to be reguarlly cleaned  - worth doing a little reading up on it - the cost/benefit analysis etc and explain it to your custy's so they get you back each year - I've got custies who get £2-3k back per year - they want their panels to be working optimally so they don't see a 'dip' in that return 👍

Thanks for the clarification. This makes total sense.

Doug
9 hours ago, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

I’m testing a new product for lichen next week, approved by a pv manufacturer. Fingers crossed!!

Love to hear about it when you have tried it.

NoName
10 hours ago, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

I’m testing a new product for lichen next week, approved by a pv manufacturer. Fingers crossed!!

@solarpanelcleaningltd -  I'm guessing it must 'just' be a biocide? - is it really that much of an issue to warrant it's own product? I normally just get a few rosettes which quickly and easily lift off once soaked with pure/dwell/light scrub with WFP 🤔 Not sure i'd be in q  to pay for the product 

scottish cleaning service

I will be cleaning my panels later on today because we had rain all day yesterday and anything on them will be nice and soft. Hot pure water and I bump the pressure up to 70 and only takes me 5mins each side. 

Pjj
6 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I will be cleaning my panels later on today because we had rain all day yesterday and anything on them will be nice and soft. Hot pure water and I bump the pressure up to 70 and only takes me 5mins each side. 

Flow up to 70 😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Pjj said:

Flow up to 70 😂😂😂😂😂

Just for solar panels but I use 60 when cleaning windows. Never got them cleaned, maybe Sunday, just too busy. Got a roof and pvc clean next week as well as a monoblock driveway fix. Still got 2 days of windows to clean and got asked to clean a conny today and maybe a new customer. Its all go at the moment, one job leads to another job. I have had 19 viewers on Checkatrade from Monday when I usually get 6 viewers in a full week. I hate being popular. 🤭

solarpanelcleaningltd
On 11/06/2020 at 08:19, NoName said:

@solarpanelcleaningltd -  I'm guessing it must 'just' be a biocide? - is it really that much of an issue to warrant it's own product? I normally just get a few rosettes which quickly and easily lift off once soaked with pure/dwell/light scrub with WFP 🤔 Not sure i'd be in q  to pay for the product 

We come across lichen welded on. 

372D3DA7-F12F-4797-B5CB-DD3A948064F5.jpeg

Pjj
11 minutes ago, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

We come across lichen welded on. 

372D3DA7-F12F-4797-B5CB-DD3A948064F5.jpeg

Lol done  loads like this thank goodness we don’t do many anymore 😂😂😂, give me easy windows any time 

Chris33

Depends if the computer measuring the power even still works? For them to show exactly the same post clean reading seems rare. Independent testing kit needed to be sure I imagine. 

Pjj
2 hours ago, Chris33 said:

Depends if the computer measuring the power even still works? For them to show exactly the same post clean reading seems rare. Independent testing kit needed to be sure I imagine. 

The readings are accurate , I have some very astute customers who keep an eye on output every hour of the day and they will keep  a record of kw produced  , sad but true 😬😂😬😂😬😂

3 hours ago, Pjj said:

The readings are accurate , I have some very astute customers who keep an eye on output every hour of the day and they will keep  a record of kw produced  , sad but true 😬😂😬😂😬😂

At the beginning I used to keep a record of every day's readings till I ran out of ink. First year I got £1150 back but last year was £1500 back, so either its getting alot sunnier up hear or panels working better after the clean. The price did rise by about 15% though.

NoName

I think there's this happening, some deny it, but I've read about a thing called 'global warming' means even places like 'Scotaland' 😉 are getting more sun (less cloud) than ever before - year on year - might have a bearing🤔

1 minute ago, NoName said:

I think there's this happening, some deny it, but I've read about a thing called 'global warming' means even places like 'Scotaland' 😉 are getting more sun (less cloud) than ever before - year on year - might have a bearing🤔

Hope so, long may it continue but going by yesterday's rainfall who knows where its coming from now because I got caught in middle of it!