Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to clean brown UPVC gutters and downpipes

BWC

Hi everyone. 

I hope you’re all well? 

I’ve been at the window cleaning now for just over half a year and have been offering SFG cleaning. Every job I’ve done so far has had standard white SFG’s but this new one has brown guttering and downpipes. 

My usual method is UBIK into a Gardiner backpack, up the old CLX 27 and out of the DA applicator but with the brown colour would UBIK stain these?

Thanks in advance! ??

Brown and black pvc is difficult to clean as you struggle to see the dirt especial when looking up in bright sunlight it’s easy to miss bits .

Brown and black pvc is difficult to clean as you struggle to see the dirt especial when looking up in bright sunlight it’s easy to miss bits .
Usually the South facing ones fad to a grey colour from the sunlight. I've not had a clean on brown and black yet because I persuade them to replace them with new ones which I fit.

No it will be fine I would dilute it 10-1 though 
I’ll dilute it down properly @Pjj it’s only the gutters and downpipes that are brown. The S&F’s are white. Thanks for the reply 

Shouldn't see why it should as the brown UPVC will have the same chemistry and properties as the white. It's just a different colour and if anything should be quicker and easier to clean
Thanks @Part Timer I was hoping that would be the case and wether I could get away with just a pure water scrub on the brown gutters. The S&F’s are white 

Back