Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tool Hooks for your Tools

I spent a few hours yesterday fitting plywood on roof and side to hold my ladder and then it didn't fit in at the back. ? So I cut the ply to resemble pegs and hung my ladder on them. All good but rattling about a bit. Think I now have it sussed and will try again this week to perfect it and post photo once I'm happy with it.

I use the galvanised metal gardening hooks from b&m 2 quid for a pack of 6.

Anyone got any ideas to hang poles from the roof of the van? 

I use downpipe brackets (2 of them) but they always end up wiggling the screws loose and I have to keep re-tightening them before they fall out. Annoying.

I use a Citroen Berlingo and it's not long enough to put the poles on the side.

Anyone got any ideas to hang poles from the roof of the van? 

I use downpipe brackets (2 of them) but they always end up wiggling the screws loose and I have to keep re-tightening them before they fall out. Annoying.

I use a Citroen Berlingo and it's not long enough to put the poles on the side.
Put slightly wider self tappers in and a bit of blue loctite (threadlock).

Stops all bolts loosening on pressure washer so will do the job.

Don't use red loctite in case you want to remove them sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put slightly wider self tappers in and a bit of blue loctite (threadlock).

Stops all bolts loosening on pressure washer so will do the job.

Don't use red loctite in case you want to remove them sometime.
I'll try that with some blue loctite, thanks. I use M8 self-tappers and can't find any bigger in the local diy shop.

I'll try that with some blue loctite, thanks. I use M8 self-tappers and can't find any bigger in the local diy shop.
The only reason I said bigger was to take up any slack already created. 

Give it a go.

I'm going to make a ladder bracket for inside my van to hold my ladder. Will be making it out of 18mm plywood.
I made a slide shelf inside the van for my short extending ladder. I used an offcut of pvc fascia (local fitter) mounted on adjustable shelf brackets attached to the plywood shelf unit. It's impervious to water and has a lip to prevent the ladder from slipping off the edge. I don't have to get in the van to remove the ladder as it's simply slid in and out and it's held in place with one bungee hook. My workaday poles are slid into downpipe tubes underneath it. Looks a clutter in the picture but I can assure you it's very quick and efficient. 20200602_175053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered some 600mm conveyor rollers from Hong Kong, cheap as chips. Trying to make a ladder bracket that will hang from roof of my van so they are out the way. All I seem to do is move them every time I need to find something.

Back