Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not another new starter...

LS Window’s

Hi all. Not another new starter I hear you all saying! Great forum, loved reading through all the posts. 

Tried searching the forum for the answerS I need but no joy. Just about to order a few bits from gardiners and getting confused at the different options that go alongside the WFP. Could someone point me in the right direction?

so I’m ordering the SLX 25, quick lok angle adapter gooseneck, super lite 26cm brush flocked with standard 2mm pencil jets. Now when it comes to the hose is it best to get one with the fitted valve? Looking at the all season pvc 11.5m? And what is the best pole hose connector type to go alongside this?

I know Different people will have different opinions on best options but if someone could point me in the right direction I’d be grateful.

thanks

Personally I’d fit a univalve and have a rectus fitting on the end of the pole hose. I think all pole hose is much of a muchness unless you’re using hot water, some will disagree.

Wouldn't get the fitted valve as no matter how careful you are you will damage it fairly quickly. EZ snap Female on reel hose and Male on pole hose.
Thanks mate.

so I’ll just get the hose, no fitted valve. Few EZ snap connectors and connect up to the big boy back pack (Gardiners out of stock until mid July ?). Handy trolley, some heavy duty bungee chords and I should be good to get practicing !?

I used a BP for 7 months, couldnt get on with it with a trolley tbh, other questiins have been answered, deffo get a univalve, what fitting to you have on your BP will depend on what you get om your hose, my preference is the rectus21 series (ezy snap)

Thanks mate.

so I’ll just get the hose, no fitted valve. Few EZ snap connectors and connect up to the big boy back pack (Gardiners out of stock until mid July ?). Handy trolley, some heavy duty bungee chords and I should be good to get practicing !?
Make sure the EZ snap female is the right size for your backpack hose, usually need the 8mm and 5mm male for your pole hose I think.

I used a BP for 7 months, couldnt get on with it with a trolley tbh, other questiins have been answered, deffo get a univalve, what fitting to you have on your BP will depend on what you get om your hose, my preference is the rectus21 series (ezy snap)
Thanks mate, appreciate it. Sadly, Backpack is the only way for me to go to start with without forking out for a van and system. 

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Sadly, Backpack is the only way for me to go to start with without forking out for a van and system. 
Totally get where your coming from, i didnt get my system till i could afford it, what i was saying was i couldnt get on with a trolley, i carried my backpack, but i had a 20mt hose on my pole which ment i didnt need to move the BP very much

I'd recommend getting the Green PU hose as the all season stuff will get splits in it within a few months.  Since I've switched I've not had an issue ? 
Yes definitely this hose. It’s way better. I have a roll of that all seasons don’t like it at all in comparison. 
I do wish @Alex Gardiner sold the univalve then you get everything you need in one place. Ideal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all, some good info that I would never have found out if not for this forum ??

is the univalve same sort of thing as the flow control valve I was going to buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing sad about using a backpack mate. I've been using one for 3 years - great bit of kit! There are some advantages over a van mount, an obvious one being cost.  There are some folks like myself and I think @Dave B who don't use full on van mounted systems. I've been working out an estate like this and only now being forced to jump to a van. Initially though  I'll continue to work from a tank & backpack unless I see a clear advantage in my own round to going the whole way ?   

Nothing sad about using a backpack mate. I've been using one for 3 years - great bit of kit! There are some advantages over a van mount, an obvious one being cost.  There are some folks like myself and I think @Dave B who don't use full on van mounted systems. I've been working out an estate like this and only now being forced to jump to a van. Initially though  I'll continue to work from a tank & backpack unless I see a clear advantage in my own round to going the whole way ?   
I used 2 backpacks today doing a full GFS and conny clean, one for TFR and one for tap water to rinse.

Worked out really well tbh.

I used 2 backpacks today doing a full GFS and conny clean, one for TFR and one for tap water to rinse.

Worked out really well tbh.
I've got two gardiner backpacks, one everyday and one as a reserve and both attached to 'the handy sack truck' which is a bombproof  truck compared to my first trolley where the wheels fell off lol.Anyway... I digress...!  Still on the orginal battery in my everyday backpack - lasts forever. The only issue I had was with a pump, about 3 months in, but got a replacement and not had a problem since. Great bits of kit!

Can you not just connect hose reel to custys tap and use the tap pressure to rinse. Saves wear and tear on the backpack and having to rinse it out.
That was the plan but between quoting 3 weeks ago and arriving this morning the broke the tap and somehow managed to break off the thread threaded part of the tap. The real p1ss take was plumbers coming tomorrow to fit a new tap lol.

Cant complain though 3hrs for £220 ??

Sorry all, one more daft question. If the hose has an OD of 8mm - ID 5mm, would i need the 8mm Hose Tail to Hozelock Male Connector? The big boy backpack comes with standard female Hozelock connector.

Thanks 

Sorry all, one more daft question. If the hose has an OD of 8mm - ID 5mm, would i need the 8mm Hose Tail to Hozelock Male Connector? The big boy backpack comes with standard female Hozelock connector.

Thanks 
Hose tails go INSIDE the hose, pust fitting go on outside of hose ?

Hose tails go INSIDE the hose, pust fitting go on outside of hose ?
Haha ok sounds simple now but I’ve ended up confusing myself and tying myself into knots!!

right so big boy back pack comes complete with standard female hozelock. I want to change this to the series 21 fittings as advised on here.so what is the replacement female fitting called? I assume I need The Series 21 Male Hose Tail Couplings 6mm.

sorry for all the questions, as silly as they may sound to all of you on here. I just want to be certain I’m ordering all the right parts 

Back