Backpack or Trolley

Soaps and Shines

Soaps and Shines

Can you guys recommend a good quality backpack and or trolley system not too expensive for newish  start thanks. Some of my customers i cant reach by ladder

Gardiners Backpacks are out of stock till mid July if you can wait that long. @Incheck uses them all the time so he might be able to point you in a different direction

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Gardiners Backpacks are out of stock till mid July if you can wait that long. @Incheck uses them all the time so he might be able to point you in a different direction

Yeah dude i’ve always used the big boy backpacks from window cleaning warehouse maybe they’ll have some in stock? 

• Like 2
Soaps and Shines

thanks for the comment.Is it easy to carry around the big boy backpack do i need a trolley

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Soaps and Shines said:

thanks for the comment.Is it easy to carry around the big boy backpack do i need a trolley

I have the ova8 pole and the bigboy set up  with a sack trolly when I'm not cleaning trad. It works well!

received_568293500785013.jpeg

Edited by mupps
  • Like 3
LS Window’s
14 hours ago, mupps said:

I have the ova8 pole and the bigboy set up  with a sack trolly when I'm not cleaning trad. It works well!

received_568293500785013.jpeg

What trolley is this please and where from?

17 hours ago, Soaps and Shines said:

Can you guys recommend a good quality backpack and or trolley system not too expensive for newish  start thanks. Some of my customers i cant reach by ladder

Stay away from shitty Ebay Chinese backpacks around the £90 and upwards as they will break and burn.

The warrior trolley system isn't bad but not as good as mine. 

Check out Bladeright cleaning supplies Ltd and the Boss pole system 

Ideally you'd need a 22 or 25 foot pole 

• Like 1
LS Window’s
On 09/06/2020 at 13:25, mupps said:

VonHaus 90kg Hand Truck/Sack Trolly. On Amazon, let me know if you've found it.

Thanks Mups. Just got it delivered, looks like it will a couple a job. Wheels a bit rattly though?

3 hours ago, LS Window’s said:

Thanks Mups. Just got it delivered, looks like it will a couple a job. Wheels a bit rattly though?

You could always pack the shaft out with some additional washers. I've been using it for over a week  now without any problems with the build quality..

48 minutes ago, mupps said:

You could always pack the shaft out with some additional washers. I've been using it for over a week  now without any problems with the build quality..

I don't think a weeks use of something is long enough to give a a decent thumbs up on anything , I'd personally wait more than a month of using anything to be confident of build quality etc 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
51 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I don't think a weeks use of something is long enough to give a a decent thumbs up on anything , I'd personally wait more than a month of using anything to be confident of build quality etc 🙂

Ok; I'll update you in a months time 👌👋

On 09/06/2020 at 13:25, mupps said:
On 09/06/2020 at 13:17, LS Window’s said:

What trolley is this please and where from?

VonHaus 90kg Hand Truck/Sack Trolly. On Amazon, let me know if you've found it.

There's many variations of this design about however the original (and IMO the best) is the Clarke Strongarm CSTA100 from machine mart. I've had mine 17-18 years now and although i've had to take it apart and put better quality nuts on a couple of bits inside (easy job), for a 17 odd year old trolley i don't think that's bad going. There are however plenty of copy cat trollies out there that literally weigh half the weight and are very flimsy yet still quote hte 90kg capacity. Avoid those. The Clarke version weighs in about 9kg if memory serves. My grandfather also had one of the clarkes and loved it.

Would I recommend it? Yes.

7 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Well said, i often find reviews for crappy stuff online from people who literally open it and leave a 5* review after 10 minutes of ownership. Tesco had a HP multifunction printer online years ago which had loads of stupid reviewers like this all praising it. After 4 months of frustrating ownership i was well experienced and left my review, needless to say Tesco rejected it.

Anyway like i said I've had the clarke trolley 17 odd years and can say it's decent enough. There are cheaper versions out there which will almost certainly fall apart however i've dragged mine round for hours while knocking and although i had to replace a couple of nuts (it had a life of DIY heavy goods moving before I got into WC), it's held together well.

10 hours ago, mupps said:

Ok; I'll update you in a months time 👌👋

I'd wait 31 days 4 hours and 3 minutes might be just enough time 😃

• Haha 3
On 11/06/2020 at 14:07, LS Window’s said:

The dreaded Chineseium sack truck.. top tip. Pull the split pin out. Get some large bore washers and pack out the slop then reinstall the split pin. Should last longer and save the rubber after moulded tyre falling off