Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack or Trolley

Can you guys recommend a good quality backpack and or trolley system not too expensive for newish  start thanks. Some of my customers i cant reach by ladder
Stay away from shitty Ebay Chinese backpacks around the £90 and upwards as they will break and burn.

The warrior trolley system isn't bad but not as good as mine. 

Check out Bladeright cleaning supplies Ltd and the Boss pole system 

Ideally you'd need a 22 or 25 foot pole 

You could always pack the shaft out with some additional washers. I've been using it for over a week  now without any problems with the build quality..
I don't think a weeks use of something is long enough to give a a decent thumbs up on anything , I'd personally wait more than a month of using anything to be confident of build quality etc ?

What trolley is this please and where from?
VonHaus 90kg Hand Truck/Sack Trolly. On Amazon, let me know if you've found it.
There's many variations of this design about however the original (and IMO the best) is the Clarke Strongarm CSTA100 from machine mart. I've had mine 17-18 years now and although i've had to take it apart and put better quality nuts on a couple of bits inside (easy job), for a 17 odd year old trolley i don't think that's bad going. There are however plenty of copy cat trollies out there that literally weigh half the weight and are very flimsy yet still quote hte 90kg capacity. Avoid those. The Clarke version weighs in about 9kg if memory serves. My grandfather also had one of the clarkes and loved it.

Would I recommend it? Yes.

I don't think a weeks use of something is long enough to give a a decent thumbs up on anything , I'd personally wait more than a month of using anything to be confident of build quality etc ?
Well said, i often find reviews for crappy stuff online from people who literally open it and leave a 5* review after 10 minutes of ownership. Tesco had a HP multifunction printer online years ago which had loads of stupid reviewers like this all praising it. After 4 months of frustrating ownership i was well experienced and left my review, needless to say Tesco rejected it.

Anyway like i said I've had the clarke trolley 17 odd years and can say it's decent enough. There are cheaper versions out there which will almost certainly fall apart however i've dragged mine round for hours while knocking and although i had to replace a couple of nuts (it had a life of DIY heavy goods moving before I got into WC), it's held together well.

Thanks Mups. Just got it delivered, looks like it will a couple a job. Wheels a bit rattly though?
The dreaded Chineseium sack truck.. top tip. Pull the split pin out. Get some large bore washers and pack out the slop then reinstall the split pin. Should last longer and save the rubber after moulded tyre falling off 

Back