Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is needed to get started?

Moog

Was hoping for some guidance please. 

To get started on a WFP system what is needed as a cheapish starter kit to do jobs and with regards to everything else, including to purifil water (im in a soft water area). How many different poles, brush heads eg. 

Thanks everyone. 

Was hoping for some guidance please. 

To get started on a WFP system what is needed as a cheapish starter kit to do jobs and with regards to everything else, including to purifil water (im in a soft water area). How many different poles, brush heads eg. 

Thanks everyone. 
Good afternoon. Many of us can comment however the threads and answers for everyone else we have helped can be found on the waterfed window cleaning section. 

There is another member asking the same similar question. Budget first. Do you want to produce your own water or buy spotless water massive cost difference.

Kind regards Austin 

Thanks Austin. Very happy to my own spotless water to keep costs down. Nees a wee system that will fit in a Fiat 500L. Ideally want one pole that extends to 30/40 foot, as alot of 3 story houses my way. 

Thanks 

Graham 

Thanks Austin. Very happy to my own spotless water to keep costs down. Nees a wee system that will fit in a Fiat 500L. Ideally want one pole that extends to 30/40 foot, as alot of 3 story houses my way. 

Thanks 

Graham 
Not sure if you're joking? We do get the occasional wind up. A 30 or 40 foot pole and your water, in a Fiat 500. You'll be doing well to get two 3 level houses out of a 25 can of water. It can be done I suppose to carry enough water for a few jobs but if you get going properly you'll soon outgrow your car.

Not sure if you're joking? We do get the occasional wind up. A 30 or 40 foot pole and your water, in a Fiat 500. You'll be doing well to get two 3 level houses out of a 25 can of water. It can be done I suppose to carry enough water for a few jobs but if you get going properly you'll soon outgrow your car.
Hi Davy, my understanding is poles extend, so canbe on lowest size in car. My car is a big family car, not a little fiat. Could easily fiy quite a few 25 litres in there. Plus i will generally be working within 10 mins of the house. 

Hi Davy, my understanding is poles extend, so canbe on lowest size in car. My car is a big family car, not a little fiat. Could easily fiy quite a few 25 litres in there. Plus i will generally be working within 10 mins of the house. 
My apologies Moog. As you can tell I don't know much about current cars. ?

T'was Ford Corsairs, Hillman Hunters and the like that I knew a bit about (1960s and 70s). ?

I thought your Fiat was the littl'un. Yes the poles collapse but they're still quite long. ?

I've got a 5 section 22 ft and it just fits into my Peugeot partner straight from the back door into to roof liner pocket. A 30 to 40 foot 7 section into a Found in a tip... no chance 

My apologies Moog. As you can tell I don't know much about current cars. ?

T'was Ford Corsairs, Hillman Hunters and the like that I knew a bit about (1960s and 70s). ?

I thought your Fiat was the littl'un. Yes the poles collapse but they're still quite long. ?
Dont be daft Davy, no need to apologise. Most fiats are small. 

I've got a 5 section 22 ft and it just fits into my Peugeot partner straight from the back door into to roof liner pocket. A 30 to 40 foot 7 section into a Found in a tip... no chance 
Xline systems claim there 30ft pole, that comes in 5 parts, collapses to 1.83m, so 6ft. If thats the case it will fit in my motor no problems with back seat down. 

Thanks 

Graham 
Very happy to my own spotless water. What do you mean? Do you mean your buying your water from spotless or your wanting a system at home to purify your own water. 
why don’t you have a look at all the threads, how to get started, it’s all covered. Everyday someone is starting up. 
If  your asking for advice,  most start with a backpack. You need to refill it. So in a car you will need to carry containers. Then you will need something to transfer the water to the backpack. A pole. If you speaking about a 30-40 foot pole to work with all the time you will need the lightest pole possible to work with it all day five days a week. 
best place is  www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

Very happy to my own spotless water. What do you mean? Do you mean your buying your water from spotless or your wanting a system at home to purify your own water. 
why don’t you have a look at all the threads, how to get started, it’s all covered. Everyday someone is starting up. 
If  your asking for advice,  most start with a backpack. You need to refill it. So in a car you will need to carry containers. Then you will need something to transfer the water to the backpack. A pole. If you speaking about a 30-40 foot pole to work with all the time you will need the lightest pole possible to work with it all day five days a week. 
best place is  www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk
Cheers pal. I meant with regards to purifying the water myself. Do you recommemd having a couple of poles, one smaller one and a large one just for the 3 story jobs. Thanks 

You will eventually add poles to your collection. I've been doing wfp for a year now and have 4 poles plus a clx 4.
You have got as many poles almost as I have bought in 12 years which baffles me as I will have cleaned thousands of jobs in that time were as you have anywhere from 100 to 300 jobs depending on what you happen to write at anytime which may or may not take you more than a month whilst fitting in almost every job going from gardening to guttering, driveway and paving repairs, maybe now you have a leaf blower you'll be offering a cut and blow dry @Den will be first on the list ?

You have got as many poles almost as I have bought in 12 years which baffles me as I will have cleaned thousands of jobs in that time were as you have anywhere from 100 to 300 jobs depending on what you happen to write at anytime which may or may not take you more than a month whilst fitting in almost every job going from gardening to guttering, driveway and paving repairs, maybe now you have a leaf blower you'll be offering a cut and blow dry @Den will be first on the list ?
Got a battery strimmer yesterday and angling for a tower scaffold again because I sold the other two. Making so much money, took a mortgage holiday so I just spend it on things. I either have too much work or too little but I think I will come off Checkatrade in August, had a couple of timewasters this week. ?

Got a battery strimmer yesterday and angling for a tower scaffold again because I sold the other two. Making so much money, took a mortgage holiday so I just spend it on things. I either have too much work or too little but I think I will come off Checkatrade in August, had a couple of timewasters this week. ?
I got a Ryobi cordless lawnmower last week for the allotment going to get the strimmer and a drill as the battery works right across the One+ range, oh god I sound like you ? ?

Back