Best pole hose ????

scottish cleaning service

I have thermal hose because I use hotwater but at the end I use PU hose because its easy to pull about and alot lighter.

26 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I have thermal hose because I use hotwater but at the end I use PU hose because its easy to pull about and alot lighter.

PU pole hose is also much tougher than PVC hose.

The problem I constantly faced when I used PVC hose was its tendency to split at the bottom of the pole. I'm currently using Gardiners green PU 1st ed. They now have a new green which is supposed to be more flexible. I have some but haven't used it yet so can't compare it with the original stuff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
ALPINEYORKS
3 hours ago, Marko067 said:

PU pole hose is also much tougher than PVC hose.

The problem I constantly faced when I used PVC hose was its tendency to split at the bottom of the pole. I'm currently using Gardiners green PU 1st ed. They now have a new green which is supposed to be more flexible. I have some but haven't used it yet so can't compare it with the original stuff.

I have the green gardiners but it's around a year old and starting to tightly kink up all the time. Just ordered the blue exceed. Do people rate it?

32 minutes ago, ALPINEYORKS said:

I have the green gardiners but it's around a year old and starting to tightly kink up all the time. Just ordered the blue exceed. Do people rate it?

Yes blue exceed is also good stuff not as tough as Gardiners green Pu and it is stretchy but we use that as well .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Yes blue exceed is also good stuff not as tough as Gardiners green Pu and it is stretchy but we use that as well .

What's the difference between Exceeds Red and Blue PU hose? Apart from the colour. 🤔

8 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

What's the difference between Exceeds Red and Blue PU hose? Apart from the colour. 🤔

I don’t know I buy it buy the 100 meter rolls and still have 100 meters of the blue left I have never had the red . I will be switching over to the Gardiners green Pu when I have used up all the exceed blue .

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I don’t know I buy it buy the 100 meter rolls and still have 100 meters of the blue left I have never had the red . I will be switching over to the Gardiners green Pu when I have used up all the exceed blue .

How much do you fit on each reel? I have 20 metres I guess. 

19 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Hasn’t the red replaced the blue hose? I couldn’t see the blue hose last time I looked on their site. 

I found out the reason, Red and Green are the new all-weather hose and suit any weather, so they say.

1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I found out the reason, Red and Green are the new all-weather hose and suit any weather, so they say.

Good to know then thanks

9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

How much do you fit on each reel? I have 20 metres I guess. 

I have 30 meters on every reel all 14 of them 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Jango said:

Hasn’t the red replaced the blue hose? I couldn’t see the blue hose last time I looked on their site. 

I bought 100m of red hose at £1 plus vat a metre. I haven't had any issues with it and I think its indestructible as I haven't replaced any yet. I suppose the blue was for normal temp pure and red is for hot or all seasons so they don't need the blue no more.

1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I think I will do the same when I get the time because 30 metres is the most I ever pull out. 😉

38 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Why so much pole hose? Is it because it’s lighter or something. 

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

Why so much pole hose? Is it because it’s lighter or something. 

We use the hose less system so it goes up inside the poles 

Just now, Pjj said:

We use the hose less system so it goes up inside the poles 

Ok. So it lighter obviously then. Never got round to getting my poles hoseless. Would be better I guess. Another thing for the to do list.