Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you quote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

What would you all quote for this windows, frames, building frontage and ballastrades. Just fronts. Cheers 

image001.jpg

image002-2.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

First clean all windows frames and cladding £475 

6/8 weekly regular clean windows and frames only £200-250 

water build up on the door section of the frame work sills  will need to be brushed off before lower windows can be cleaned or it will track line badly this will take extra time 

Last edited by a moderator:

water build up on the door section of the frame work sills  will need to be brushed off before lower windows can be cleaned or it will track line badly this will take extra time 
Those entrance windows will be a nightmare for this very reason.

Those entrance windows will be a nightmare for this very reason.
We do a few car show rooms same design they are a nightmare have to sweep all the water off the ledges before you can clean the windows underneath takes ages only takes one tiny bit of water to run down the glass and track lines everywhere ????

And this is why i love this forum, i do my old workplace and their front aspect is like this and theres track marks every clean!!! Now i know how to stop them ❤❤

That's a lovely job. I did a similar clean last week, the entrance was similar format to that and the same colour too although my panes were smaller which made it a more tedious. Windows look handy enough but the lads are right, those drips from higher framework are a pain, slowed me up massively. Some frames hold onto the water and just when you are packing up you notice track lines!! What I did was blade off the excess, will reduce the amount of water on the glass that catches in those frames. I have several jobs where I have so much framework that I have to blade off the excess.

Check those blue frames to see how worn they are as they show up everything. The ones I did were a very neglected 12 years old, I cleaned them with some degreaser initially and scrubbed them as best I could but short of a new paint job there was nothing I could do about them. It spoiled my finish a wee bit but it was something I pointed out when quoting so as just to dull down their expectation if you know you can't quite get the finish.

Took me 3 hours to do this plus inside of the lower entrance glass. I gave cladding a going over but it was easy as it was just vinyl. I charged 220 plus vat, sorry I don't have more pictures but was a big enough job but definitely not as high as your one so i would go a fair bit higher imo. Done it a bit cheaper as I know one of the lads working there and it's only around the corner from my house.

20200610_191240.jpg

684753080_20200607_123338_5512547_resized.jpg

And this is why i love this forum, i do my old workplace and their front aspect is like this and theres track marks every clean!!! Now i know how to stop them ❤❤
We find that water gets inside the ali box sections and takes ages to drain out. What I estimated would take us 1.5 hours actually takes us near 5 hours. I wish we could wipe the water off with a brush. I've tried it and it doesn't work on this job. The sections are bolted together but not sealed. Some box sections don't even butt up with each other. There are gaps where wash and rinse water gets through.

We have the advantage that the school atrium has a row of 20 very large glass panels. It helps us doing one complete row and then starting at the row underneath. 

Atrium.jpg

@paul1 is in the same situation as we are in with the entrance atrium. That was overestimated as 1/2 an hour. It takes us 2 hours

because of the water runs. Often we have to go back and titivate the glass with a damp cloth and an Unger Fixi clamp on the end of one of our old Teleplus poles. We also do the entrance row by row  and incorporate it with the other 'ordinary' windows we also have to do one row at a time.

When you quote add a lot of extra time for that entrance @paul1. If you think its going to take an hour add on 4 and make it 5. If they query the price you have an answer.

School 004.jpg

Back