Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Blueman 20 backpack

Soaps and Shines

I just bought a Blueman 20 backpack 20l complete with water purifing. It came with no instructions so im perplexed what goes where etc. Yes its my first attempt at pole work. Also it seems ot use  alot of water for one window. Has anyone got any insight suggestions etc. Im not sure whether i will send it back or not

I just bought a Blueman 20 backpack 20l complete with water purifing. It came with no instructions so im perplexed what goes where etc. Yes its my first attempt at pole work. Also it seems ot use  alot of water for one window. Has anyone got any insight suggestions etc. Im not sure whether i will send it back or not
Photos of your purification system would help

I would ask for instructions. it would be good to put a photo of the system up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live in an extremely hard water area you'll be killing that resin in seconds and will most likely not even achieve pure water at 0.00ppm 

Was the TDS metre an H&M branded one? Otherwise bin it. Only the best are calibrated correctly.

On the DI vessel you'll have an in arrow and an out arrow 

Standard tap water in & pure water out.

You should either have 2x hoselock style garden hose fittings on it or john guest fittings and microbore hoses with adapters fitted 

If you live in an extremely hard water area you'll be killing that resin in seconds and will most likely not even achieve pure water at 0.00ppm 

Was the TDS metre an H&M branded one? Otherwise bin it. Only the best are calibrated correctly.

On the DI vessel you'll have an in arrow and an out arrow 

Standard tap water in & pure water out.

You should either have 2x hoselock style garden hose fittings on it or john guest fittings and microbore hoses with adapters fitted 
When you don't deal with the right people because of your naivety you end up paying twice. 

I'm afraid @Soaps and Shines has had his first taste of this. If you don't know, just search on here and ask.

A windie many years ago put the tds of his water in Hartlepool up on one of the forums. It was 550ppm.

No wonder the coffee in Hartepool tasted so terrible and always had a scum on the top of it.

At least @Soaps and Shines will be able to save something out of this by buying an r/o  (300 - 450gpd) from a recognised wfp supplier like Daqua, a couple of water butts and a descent pole from Gardiners. He is going to have to process water at home. It looks like this supplier was intending him to fill his backpack from customer's taps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what my blue Man backpack works plugged in but doesn't when not plugged into the wall.
If it's a cheap part I'll change it, barely used as I use my Gardiner backpack everyday so a bit annoying it's not working despite been used only about twice a month.

If it was kept in a hut or garage and the cold temp has got to it. I had water in mine that froze and it didn't work again and that was my Gardiner backpack. Look to see if it has a fuse?

Anyone know what my blue Man backpack works plugged in but doesn't when not plugged into the wall.
If it's a cheap part I'll change it, barely used as I use my Gardiner backpack everyday so a bit annoying it's not working despite been used only about twice a month.
Is it definitely fully charged ? When you switch it on also turn up the dial and if there's water stop on the hose connector that will need to be connected for water to flow.
Also, you could just go to Spotless for pure

When you don't deal with the right people because of your naivety you end up paying twice.

I'm afraid @Soaps and Shines has had his first taste of this. If you don't know, just search on here and ask.

A windie many years ago put the tds of his water in Hartlepool up on one of the forums. It was 550ppm.

No wonder the coffee in Hartepool tasted so terrible and always had a scum on the top of it.

At least @Soaps and Shines will be able to save something out of this by buying an r/o (300 - 450gpd) from a recognised wfp supplier like Daqua, a couple of water butts and a descent pole from Gardiners. He is going to have to process water at home. It looks like this supplier was intending him to fill his backpack from customer's taps.
Buy from spotless water at 3.5 a litre

Back