Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose melting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don

Hi is any one experience pole hose melting its when we had hot weather in May pole was hung close to roof and now when its under pressure its double in size  ?

IMG_6001.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3270.JPG

My blue exceed hose has doubled in size,as using water about 50 degrees, totally tip a hole in it, as supple n caught on side of wall,tore it easily. 

That is weird. Never seen anything like that. 

I work with a PF trolley from a car. I left a coil of PU hose on top of my car once for about an hour, came back and something had chewed clean through it with razor sharp teeth. Made a right mess of it. Think it may have been a squirrel.

My earlier van was a dark blue Citroen Relay. That used to get extremely hot in the back near the roof. I've never seen that before but then it looks like ordinary pole hose.

We have had Exceed's orange and red hose for years and this has never happened.

The current van is white and it remains pretty cool in the hot sun compared to the blue one which is still on my drive.

That’s strange we use that hose regularly with 80 degrees water and the hose lasts at least two/ three years .
I have had the hose probably 3 years, the hotter water has certainly swollen the size of the hose.  Thankfully just had to chop off about 3m of hose.  I do have a fair bit of pole hose on reel n it grinds of hd reel name plate when fully wound in, so could be weakening the structure of hose.

I have had the hose probably 3 years, the hotter water has certainly swollen the size of the hose.  Thankfully just had to chop off about 3m of hose.  I do have a fair bit of pole hose on reel n it grinds of hd reel name plate when fully wound in, so could be weakening the structure of hose.
We have 30 meters of pole hose on all our reels , I find the exceed blue stretches when you pull it tight the Gardiners green Pu is very good it’s tough stuff once I have used up all the exceed hose I will be going over to that , I buy 4x 100 meter rolls at a time so still have a bit of stock  by me ???

Hi is any one experience pole hose melting its when we had hot weather in May pole was hung close to roof and now when its under pressure its double in size  ?

View attachment 20919

View attachment 20920

View attachment 20921
We lined inside the roof of the van with double sided foil wrapped bubble wrap. It's easy to do. It's glued on with aerosol carpet adhesive. This helps keep the van warm in the winter and cooler in the summer. We have downpipes bracketed on the roof crossmembers with short self tapper screws. These hold Harris Poles and spare wfp poles and they help to keep the insulation from falling. The whole cargo area of the van is insulated to some degree, especially under, over and around the tank.

We have 30 meters of pole hose on all our reels , I find the exceed blue stretches when you pull it tight the Gardiners green Pu is very good it’s tough stuff once I have used up all the exceed hose I will be going over to that , I buy 4x 100 meter rolls at a time so still have a bit of stock  by me ???
Fitted 30 metres of PU hose to my top reel today and decided to cut some of my thermal hose off. Forgot it was under pressure and got soaked again but I eventually got there. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner? ?

Back