Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Production, how much does it cost you?

Bart90

I'm a rainwater harvester but it's a bit of a faff sometimes pumping water into 25L containers.....As I move to vans and tanks am curious for the most time efficient way to produce and the cheapest.

I've had no rainwater recently and I use approx 750 - 1000L of pure every week (and it's rising as I'm less reliant on trad) so I've been falling back on twin DI's from 200ppm from the tap.  It uses the resin quickly compared to rainwater but I reckon if I only produced from the tap, which is more convenient and less hassle, it'd cost me £400 - £600 per year on resin.  I'm wondering how worth it is moving to an R/O considering the initial outlay?  What are you guys estimating your cost of producing annually?

Have a good weekend everyone!

You defined need it go down the ro route , we produce a minimum of 1000 ltr per day  ,sometimes double that ,5 days a week using ro di and I use one bag of resin per year , but my starting TDS is around 90 . 

Last edited by a moderator:
You defined need it go down the ro route , we produce a minimum of 1000 ltr per day  ,sometimes double that ,5 days a week using ro di and I use one bag of resin per year , but my starting TDS is around 90 . 
Cheers, what other consumables do you use with an R/O?

How long do they usually last you?
I have ionics systems so use there carbon sediment and 5 micron filters the life span of there carbon filter is 300,000 ltr the 5 micron I change as required probably every 15-18 months 

Yes I am ,and have a sub meter so only pay for the water for work no sewage charge 
What's your monthly water bill like out of curiosity? I'm not currently on a meter but may be moving to a house with one so would be interested to know.  I think our current one is about £400 for the year.  

What's your monthly water bill like out of curiosity? I'm not currently on a meter but may be moving to a house with one so would be interested to know.  I think our current one is about £400 for the year.  
I pay roughly £400-500  per quarter , when doing large commercial I fill up on site as well ???, that’s foc 

Servicing what the boiler ?.. you haven’t had it 5 muinits 
The system and boiler, need the service to maintain the 2yr warranty. I realise how you never got it serviced and change the filters yourself. I will probably do the same in the future or look at going on a webasto course. ? 

The system and boiler, need the service to maintain the 2yr warranty. I realise how you never got it serviced and change the filters yourself. I will probably do the same in the future or look at going on a webasto course. ? 
Depending how your heater is connected into your fuel system there is nothing to service mine is connected into the fuel return to tank so the fuel is already filtered  I have just had all the internals replaced on my boiler after 6 years and over 12000 hours run time the fuel filter was total like new there is nothing else to service it either works or it doesnt  the wabasto service guy has repeatedly told be this and he could have sold me a service every year but he said there is nothing to service . It’s the same with the rest of the kit you don’t  service a pump or tank ,filtration you would service yourself as and when filters need changing ,all this servicing that theses ones say is needed is not true it’s just a money making racket for them , 

Depending how your heater is connected into your fuel system there is nothing to service mine is connected into the fuel return to tank so the fuel is already filtered  I have just had all the internals replaced on my boiler after 6 years and over 12000 hours run time the fuel filter was total like new there is nothing else to service it either works or it doesnt  the wabasto service guy has repeatedly told be this and he could have sold me a service every year but he said there is nothing to service . It’s the same with the rest of the kit you don’t  service a pump or tank ,filtration you would service yourself as and when filters need changing ,all this servicing that theses ones say is needed is not true it’s just a money making racket for them , 
I think they change the glow plug, resin and carbon filter. Nice earner if one can get it. I know from my boiler course that the moment you open up the boiler things start to break so they keep them closed.

I think they change the glow plug, resin and carbon filter. Nice earner if one can get it. I know from my boiler course that the moment you open up the boiler things start to break so they keep them closed.
You don’t  need to change the pin if it’s working it’s working this is exactly what Ime saying they are selling a service that’s not required rip off 

You don’t  need to change the pin if it’s working it’s working this is exactly what Ime saying they are selling a service that’s not required rip off 
You usually only change a glow plug when it stops glowing but they need to survive and the service makes sense. All the boiler manufacturers have the same set up but they give a 5yr or 10yr warranty. Webasto give a 2yr warranty so why have a service after that, it makes no sense unless they increase the warranty.

Back