Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DE intermittent.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kirksheridan

Hi, 

New DIY set up installed today. 

blade right fitted pump controller 

brand new 6mm hose 

power up 3D reel 

univalve with tubeless kit 

pole set up works fine on my other van (facelift system) 

however when using pole, 

the controler every 5-10 secs stops reads DE for  a 2nd then fires back up, 

flow out of pole drops slightly then carries on. 

it takes longer to switch to DE the lower the flow 

30 flow 15-20 seconds 

60 flow 3-5 seconds 

ive calibrated it numerous times at various rate

auto calibrated

run 99 for ages

pulled hose out full length 3 times and reeled back in 

cant think what else could be, 

getting frustrated. 

Many thanks 

for all help 

I am guessing potentially you have air in your system somewhere either from the first fill of the tank or things haven't been fully tightened up so air is getting in some where systematically check every hose fitting like jubilee clips etc ensuring they are all fully tightened up even the wingnuts on the pump this is something you will have to do every once in a while with fluctuations in temperature across the year, then disconnect your pole from your main hose and run the pump flat out as in turn the Flo up to 99 the water should splutter out if there is air in the system then turn down to 50 and turn water flow off via your inline tap as I assume you have one and it should go into DE almost immediately and you can then reduce the Flo to a normal setting 

If you haven't managed to set up auto Cal up correctly this can be an issue also, I do mine manually as I just find it easier  as temperatures have dipped at the moment my Cal is set at 65 and my Flo at 29 this could of course vary on your system, I would try manual Cal at my settings with your pole connected turn water on and stand at the back of your van, the water should flow continuously without stopping at all if you have the correct settings give it up to a minute though and if the flow from your brush stops and or reduces then increase the Cal by 2-3 until you find the sweet spot once you have that when you turn the water off at your inline tap you will get a DE reading within a few seconds. 

Hi, many thanks 

I don’t have a online tap, 

just reel, exceed tubeless kit, uni valve 

I’ll try what you said and check all connections 
.....and any inline Hozelok hose connectors with stop plunger.

Another problem could be a twisted or kinked hose on your hose reel.

No, clear hose straight to power reel connected with rectus, 

just set calibration to 80 

flow anything up to 40 works fine 

anything over keeps cutting to DE only for a split second. 
but 40 flow pretty high, checked all connections and tightened again 

No, clear hose straight to power reel connected with rectus, 

just set calibration to 80 

flow anything up to 40 works fine 

anything over keeps cutting to DE only for a split second. 
but 40 flow pretty high, checked all connections and tightened again 
To me it seems odd that the Cal has to be so high and then the issues with Flow you really shouldn't be having these issues I would ask the supplier what his thoughts are on your issues also @Ian Sheppard may be able to help if it's a spring controller 

Hi Kirk.

As in my reply to your message. When the pump stops briefly with DE displayed the pump is being cycled in/out of DE and this will be due to calibration value being to low for the flow rate used. The higher the floe rate the higher cal will need to be this is because as the flow rates are increased the current draw and pressure will increase, A higher calibration value does make the controller less sensitive and the controller will take longer to dead end the pump. A pump running at a flow of 30 will draw around 2 amps,  At a flow of 80 it could be 5 amps so setting cal for a wide flow rate range becomes a balance. You will need a higher calibration to run a flow of 80, At the lower flow rates a high calibration will mean the controller takes longer to DE the pump.

What would be the average flow rate this system would run at ? my suggestion is that flow rate is set to the average figure likely to be used for example 50. Also if possible stand the pole up or lean against the van door because this is more reflective of the pole in use. Then run auto calibration

The Univalve is a great bit of kit, i would suggest just checking it is fully opening and there is no blockages as these could also be having an effect.

I have spoken with Lee and the controller showing OC is coming back to Spring with the pump and once we have had a chance to look at the controller I will get back to you and Lee. The second control where the display is dead Is also on route back to us and we will have a look at this one and report back.

Perfect many thanks, the 1st controller on its own you should have received Friday and I think lee has posted others on Friday. 

yes checked all pole and univalve with my other system facelift and works fine,

I will try what you have mentioned, 

manny thanks 

Back