Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

starting advice

shearer9

Good morning all

First of all hello to you all on this forum ? secondly was looking to get some advice/information best we can.Me and my friend are looking at doing our own window cleaning/gardening service and want to follow all the right channels to get started properly,in regards to tools we have a rough idea of what we will be using but this the first time both of us will be looking at going self employed,i know we will both need a window cleaners license to proceed but would be helpful for more information off what we need do in the first stages.

thank you andy?

Not another Smoggy on here ?, welcome. As you're in England you don't need a license, you will need to register as self employed with HMRC and it would also be best to get Public Liability Insurance.

Yes indeed part time another one here i guess ? i am glad you cleared that up about the license thank you ?,Cookie i will also take that on board as well,with it being early days we are just finding our feet on what route to mainly go down,we have drummed a bit of interest from family and friends(mainly windows) who are keen for us to do this and what time scale would reckon it would take to get started??

There’s a post to help new starters, take a look and you will get all the info you need. It’s the best place to start in the forum. From that you will gain a basic knowledge. Then you can decide what you want to buy. Starting with a TDS meter see what your tap water is, then you will know if you need DI or RO system

Back