Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Twin Sliding doors - Pros/cons....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I just wondered what the main advantages are to twin sliding doors?  Is just one sliding door a major disadvantage? 

Cheers!
Hi Bart, in my case, I'd consider a single sliding door a major disadvantage. It would be an inaccessible space which, when there's a door is quite a handy, easy access storage space. It's also handy to get access to the tank, in my case for accessing the tank outlet and for fitting insulation also for  accessing tie down rings.

Our right side door area is where we store : Ladder Matrix, ladder standoff, tele ladder, drain-rods, waterproof jackets. Spare pole hose, hard and soft brooms. 20200531_120338.jpg

Our left hand side door is my son's work station. I work from the back doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes twin sliding doors is a great advantage , my first van only had one I soon realised that two would be much better , so sold it now all our vans have twin side doors , it makes it so much easier to store stuff in front of the tank and bulk head , you can do it with one door but two is so much easier especially if you carry other kit apart  from window cleaning stuff 

Thanks for the advice guys.  I've found a great Custom, ticks all my boxes but only a single sided door.  Difficult one because I'm buying as a long term purchase so don't want to change vans again for 10 years minimum so need to make the right call.

Anyone on here who manages just fine with a single sided door or do you all wish for twin sliding doors? @steve garwood is your custom single sided door?  ?

Thanks for the advice guys.  I've found a great Custom, ticks all my boxes but only a single sided door.  Difficult one because I'm buying as a long term purchase so don't want to change vans again for 10 years minimum so need to make the right call.

Anyone on here who manages just fine with a single sided door or do you all wish for twin sliding doors? @steve garwood is your custom single sided door?  ?
I believe I’m interested in getting a custom also, you getting a 290/300/320 limited?

No, mines twin sided. I bought mine from new so requested it.

Think it cost me an extra £300.

Well worth it though. I have my reels bolted chest height either side of the tank so can face any direction I like ??‍?

I have twin sliding doors on my Caddy maxi. There is no ‘cons’ to twin doors. 
I agree with you from a window cleaners point of view. As a working van the extra sliding door can be a disadvantage. In the old motor sales days Citroen Dispatches with twin sliding doors were a popular niche van. I lost count of the number of customers who disabled the driver's side sliding door as they viewed it causing a reduced load carry capacity. 

So if you were looking ahead to resale a single sliding door was more advantageous. However, things might well have changed as more and more suppliers sell vans with a single sliding door and the driver's side as an optional extra.

I also think that a tailgate is a better option for us as a window cleaning van. But barn doors are what 99% of customers want so they can load pallets with a forklift.

Latest Posts

Back