Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water vs. Cold

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PrideCleaning

Is there really any benefit of having hot water other than maybe a little quicker on some jobs, but In the summer I’m guessing you just use cold? 

Wash your dishes with cold water n then wash with hot water. It's a bit quicker n more pleasant to work with. I've started using hotter water about 50 degrees n see the benefit of using it with bird mess n seems to get the insect blobs of better at times. Seemingly hot water is better if your near sea properties as deals with salt better,so I've heard.

Is there really any benefit of having hot water other than maybe a little quicker on some jobs, but In the summer I’m guessing you just use cold? 
..i use hot water all year round...in fact hot water is more beneficial in the summer months as there is a lot more bird muck,pollen,snail trails,insect spots,etc on the windows.....the water is a lot hotter too(60c+ at brush head at times)....i reckon i save around 30 mins a day using hot water v cold water in the summer months.....

in the winter months its good for keeping the hoses nice and warm and manageable and stops your system freezing,water is cooler though(30-45c)as heat is lost through the hose which is just as well as if its too hot you can crack glass on a cold day....

Back