Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pre wetting surfaces- tools?

RWCleaning

Alright guys & girls

I’m on another roof clean tomorrow. Hypo this time. Its two ground floor extension roofs. I de-mossed them yesterday, and went to start applying but the weather changed very quickly and went from calm & sunny, to dark & windy in the space of 2 hours Grrrr ? oh well.  
As i started to pre wet the roof I realised that despite having my van pump flow on 95, and using brush with my two 2mm pencil jets, it was going to take ages to wet it properly. On walls it’s always been quick as it runs down nice & evenly. There was a outside with a hoze lock hose reel & hose lock sprayer, but it wouldn’t reach the top of the roof. 

So what do you use to pre wet the roof? My friend has a spray gun, but when I used that before it only sprayed about 4/5 foot in front of you. I don’t do pressure washing and don’t want to buy a big expensive 2grand machine just to wet a surface. But I’m still interested in links & pics to see what the options are. Cheers 

Made it myself bit of alloy angle and 360  degree casters and spray nozzles from Ben Marriot Rutland pumps 
Nice ok. Thanks. I’m taking the first week off in July to a.) have some well deserved time off b.) do bits around the house. I’m gonna have a look at making that. And yes I have one of those nozzle already ? think you recommend them to me about 2&half years ago ?

Nice ok. Thanks. I’m taking the first week off in July to a.) have some well deserved time off b.) do bits around the house. I’m gonna have a look at making that. And yes I have one of those nozzle already ? think you recommend them to me about 2&half years ago ?
It’s dead easy to make took me 15 muinits , works a treat , if you need any more info just ask pictures below might help 

7ECF7DF1-9586-4B5A-8F2E-3346006A80FB.jpeg

8081D5CE-69E4-4EED-815A-95286E6B76DD.jpeg

Thanks Paul. Where do you get the wheels from? 
I got them from a firm  called mcsalvers they are down my way don’t think they have branches in other parts they cost around £5.00 the pair if I remember correctly, you want 360 degree ones not fixed you can then go up and down the roof and also sideways 

I got them from a firm  called mcsalvers they are down my way don’t think they have branches in other parts they cost around £5.00 the pair if I remember correctly, you want 360 degree ones not fixed you can then go up and down the roof and also sideways 
Ok thanks. I may have to push a Asda trolley home & saw the wheels off that. We’ll see lol 

Back