Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First few cleans

LS Window’s

Did my first few cleans today, good to get out there but one question...how much effort do you all make with the frames?

all houses today were white pvc Frames, gave them a rinse and a good brushing over but no matter how hard or how long I brushed for, they weren’t coming up clean. In fact the longer I went on, the worse it seemed to get with dust and dirt coming out of all the gaps in the frames. 

felt like I should have been doing more to get them looking pristine, but was never going to happen.

I did a couple of first cleans today on white and brown pvc. I feel the white always comes up better that the brown. I managed to get rid of all the cobwebs because this is a bug bear with the customers. Think I will pick up the whole scheme but I told them to contact me if he doesn't come back again.

If the gap is between frame and sill then I run a thin screwdriver between the gap. I believe there's another tool more favoured by most on here.
I get really frustrated with the gap between frames and sills. A few things about them :

They often hold an awful lot of dirt that sometimes seems never ending when I try to wash it out. I find it frustrating that they have to have that gap in the first place.

I spoke with a local window fitter and he said that they're expansion gaps. I don't know whether that's really the case.

Another thing is that often the sills slope back towards the window so the dirt flows into the gap instead of off the edge of the sill. I think this is probably due to poor working quality on the part of the fitters.

I hate leaving dirt in the gap. I get as much as possible out of the gap by inverting the pole and using the brush upside down. I feel that the jets get better access to the hidden dirt this way.

Did my first few cleans today, good to get out there but one question...how much effort do you all make with the frames?
Personally, I make just as much effort with the frames as I do with the glass. I class the window as the ENTIRE thing, not just the glass. If it doesn't come up nice with the pure, the degreaser comes out. I'll have a look over them first to see how bad they are before I start.

Green Pro Clean had a good tip to flush out the gap between the frame and sill which was to block off (put your finger over it) one of your (pencil) jets increasing the pressure of the other jet and it doesn't arf' blast out the ****. Other than that I just give it a good scrub and rinse until it's clear. I do have a little scrubbing tool but never use it.

Back