Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing cement and paint stains from glass without scratching the glass!

Hi guys.

Does anyone know the best method of removing cement and paint stains from glass without scratching the glass?

I’ve recently done a “builders clean” using oil flo 141, water, a window scraper and non scratch scourers.. 

Any stains that I couldn’t remove with the scourer, I used the scraper, which did the trick.

I removed all the stains on the glass using the above and noticed that there were scratch marks on the glass! ?? Not 100% sure if I caused the scratch marks, but probably did by using the window scraper... As they were new windows, but covered in paint and cement splashes.. 

Do you think the scraper would of scratched the glass??

Has anyone got any ideas of a better method of removing them kind of stains safely from glass? 

Kind regards,

Luke.

Hi guys.

Does anyone know the best method of removing cement and paint stains from glass without scratching the glass?

I’ve recently done a “builders clean” using oil flo 141, water, a window scraper and non scratch scourers.. 

Any stains that I couldn’t remove with the scourer, I used the scraper, which did the trick.

I removed all the stains on the glass using the above and noticed that there were scratch marks on the glass! ?? Not 100% sure if I caused the scratch marks, but probably did by using the window scraper... As they were new windows, but covered in paint and cement splashes.. 

Do you think the scraper would of scratched the glass??

Has anyone got any ideas of a better method of removing them kind of stains safely from glass? 

Kind regards,

Luke.
We won't take on the job now. If the painter has splashed paint on the glass then the customer shouldn't expect you to remove it.

Same with the builder. 

If you went back and forth with the blade on the glass then yes you more than likely scratched them. If I have to do it which I don’t normally, I always have a trickle of water flowing over the problem area and scrape one way with a blade. Never back and forth. 

We don’t  do builders cleans but always use a new blade and wet the glass only scrape in a foward movement on the glass not back and foward like using a saw , builders cleans are a nightmare for this kind of issue ,and builders wil, blame you for scratches and you  will blame them , it’s a no win , money isn’t good either just di normal maintains cleans more money no hassle 

Back