Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Black Series

Daniel Perkins

Premium Member
Anyone catch a glimpse of this line yet? I queried them on facebook and am waiting on my second reply. I said it looked like a bit of a gimmick and I got this reply:

Hello 

Daniel Perkins,

at first sight it might be so, but there are many highlights you probably haven't seen yet. Here are a few of them:

- NEW Power Squeegee Rubber with outstanding sliding ability in medium SHORE hardness for year-round use. Additionally it is very long-lasting.

- A new Power microfiber sleeve with 20% higher water absorption than standard industry standard microfiber sleeves.

- A new Power Liquid with ultimate cleaning power and extended foam life

You will be impressed by the new products and the performance 

Kind regards,

Your 

Unger UK

Team

Promising an all year round rubber which is what Unger used to have before the hard and soft divide, also saying there is more glide on the rubber which is really interesting. New sleeve apparently holds 20% more water which sounds good but does it have the scrubbing power of the ninja sleeve? They new squeegee looks good but I asked if the channel just looked fancy or have they actually made adjustments to it or they also have a solution which they are saying foams better and has more cleaning power, I also asked if it is cheaper than Moermans stuff. i asked 4 or 5 questions so i will see what they come back with, I always welcome new equipment if it improves the industry but sometimes companies just bring out sh*te. 

I think that there is a lot of competition these days and one way to potentially gain an advantage over the competition is to introduce snazzy new products, having said that there is only so many ways you can re-invent the wheel.

If a new product is based on sound design or chemistry then it may be a step forward, if not it is just a marketing ploy looking to create a placebo effect and relieve you of some cash.

I might have a slightly jaundiced view of the world, can you tell? ?

Anyone catch a glimpse of this line yet? I queried them on facebook and am waiting on my second reply. I said it looked like a bit of a gimmick and I got this reply:

Hello 

Daniel Perkins,

at first sight it might be so, but there are many highlights you probably haven't seen yet. Here are a few of them:

- NEW Power Squeegee Rubber with outstanding sliding ability in medium SHORE hardness for year-round use. Additionally it is very long-lasting.

- A new Power microfiber sleeve with 20% higher water absorption than standard industry standard microfiber sleeves.

Kind regards,

Your 

Unger UK

Team

Promising an all year round rubber which is what Unger used to have before the hard and soft divide, also saying there is more glide on the rubber which is really interesting. New sleeve apparently holds 20% more water which sounds good but does it have the scrubbing power of the ninja sleeve? They new squeegee looks good but I asked if the channel just looked fancy or have they actually made adjustments to it or they also have a solution which they are saying foams better and has more cleaning power, I also asked if it is cheaper than Moermans stuff. i asked 4 or 5 questions so i will see what they come back with, I always welcome new equipment if it improves the industry but sometimes companies just bring out sh*te. 
I'm wanting to get my hands on it as the black bucket ticks boxes for me in respect of company branding and colour scheme.

The quote on rubbers is another thing I'd like to investigate as I've tried everything but also love Unger for its innovation and reliability. Plus i love green also.

I have seen it available via various websites priced at £59.99 however i feel this is false and yet to be able to purchase it here in the UK 

It's tough to know these days I love buying new stuff, everything is starting to look sexier which is great but also the functionality has to be there. I have asked whether they will sell the products separately, which I would imagine the will. The rubber is what really interests me the most, extra glide on the glass is is something we all look for and a go between medium sounds great but is something I would need to try for myself.  All year round, long lating and extra glise are nice buzzwords, whether they are true though is a different story. Think i will let the youtubers do some reviews before i make a purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello 

Daniel Perkins,

Kind regards,

Your 

Unger UK

Team

Traditional Window Cleaning

Unger Black series

By Apw1210, Just now in Traditional Window Cleaning

Add Tag

Reply to this topic

Moderation Actions 

Apw1210     161

Posted just now

A very good afternoon all. Hope you are well.

Some of you guys may have noticed the hype regarding the new Unger Black series kit.

Well today is it's official launch as Unger Europe quoted to me this morning when talking to them on the phone.

I want one to review and i want one to use daily to use for work and I'm willing to pay.

Well.. all the main official distributors ie Window cleaning warehouse & Wintecs know nothing about actual physical stock and delivery times and pricing doesn't seem to exist at this time ..

I know the YouTube big boys are om the list for freebies and they'll most likely not even use it. 

Quite a poor official launch of a product that you cant buy 

Traditional Window Cleaning

Unger Black series

By Apw1210, Just now in Traditional Window Cleaning

Add Tag

Reply to this topic

Moderation Actions 

Apw1210     161

Posted just now

A very good afternoon all. Hope you are well.

Some of you guys may have noticed the hype regarding the new Unger Black series kit.

Well today is it's official launch as Unger Europe quoted to me this morning when talking to them on the phone.

I want one to review and i want one to use daily to use for work and I'm willing to pay.

Well.. all the main official distributors ie Window cleaning warehouse & Wintecs know nothing about actual physical stock and delivery times and pricing doesn't seem to exist at this time ..

I know the YouTube big boys are om the list for freebies and they'll most likely not even use it. 

Quite a poor official launch of a product that you cant buy 
Update.... lets see if it arrives 

20200617_164058.jpg

Oooohhhhh, look at the reviews there. As I expected channel and bucket are just cosmetic improvements. Sleeve based on Ettore will definitely hold more water. Will have to wait to see reviews on the rubber and solution. Very curious to see how the youtubers get on with the medium green rubber.

Regardless if it is a bit gimmicky, Unger do make fantastic window cleaning products.

Unger in my opinion make some fantastic trad gear.I think they are very hard to beat nice and simple and user friendly.

They used to send me bits to try out.Haven't had anything for a while.

They did send me one of these a few years back so can't complain.

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-ultimate--limited-edition-squeegee-2014-4752-p.asp
£300 for a squeegee you are having a laugh , it looks nice but who is going to buy and use that , I would be afrade of scratching it ?????

£300 for a squeegee you are having a laugh , it looks nice but who is going to buy and use that , I would be afrade of scratching it ?????
??Pocket change for most Window cleaners or loose change in side of the van door.

I’ve had it sitting around for years and this post prompted me to get it out.
I stuck it on eBay this afternoon and all ready had an offer of £200 But will hold out for more.

??Pocket change for most Window cleaners or loose change in side of the van door.

I’ve had it sitting around for years and this post prompted me to get it out.
I stuck it on eBay this afternoon and all ready had an offer of £200 But will hold out for more.
At that price I think I would have it mounted and framed and put it on the wall as an ornament, dnot  think the wife would appreciate it though ????

At that price I think I would have it mounted and framed and put it on the wall as an ornament, dnot  think the wife would appreciate it though ????
Window cleaners especially trad ones really are minted and rolling in it.Someone has already bought it for £260 and it's only been on for a couple of hours.

Was trained, far to many years ago, with Ettore Brass. Back in the business 2006 I used Unger exclusively, changed to Wagtail 2012 and then a few years later settled on Moerman Excelerator. In shed I have Unger, Ninja, Sorbo, Ettore (various). Scrubbers of all colours types and sizes. I’ve tried every rubber I can get my hands on Ettore, Sorbo, Pulex, Moerman, Unger, Black Diamond, Razer Red yada yada yada... they all work...fine ...but as time moves on and you get your techniques and workflows sorted you settle on what works best for YOU. What I see here is a standard squeegee in a new colour, a standard mop and handle in a new colour, a standard water vessel... yep in a fresh color. Not even an S channel (bog standard Unger channel with a 20 year old DIY dog ear added). Marketing spin on new green ‘rubber’... has to be a polymer or hybrid ( aka Spotlight Yellow, Razer Red, Moerman Blue), because rubber ...is Black. Nothing new or exciting, revolutionary or indeed even evolutionary here to entice other than those that use Unger on a daily basis. As my jaded and weary eyes are bombarded by the marketing spin, I await with weary resignation the usual YouTube suspects who will have been tossed this kit as freebies... to wax lyrical about the beauty, the quality, the feel, the glide ... and my gag reflex will start working overtime ...again ?

I use a lot of Unger gear as it’s very well made but there was two things I wasn’t keen on with the new kit. 1 was the channel - I haven’t looked closely but it looked like the old S channel, rather then the S Plus with the pinched ends. And 2, the colour - I prefer to have everything brighter/lighter colours so you can see it easily if you have to place it down. My buckets are either green or yellow so that if anyone walks past you can’t miss seeing it. I’d worry someone would walk past and trip on it. I’m safe enough with where I put things I just prefer bright colours for extra precaution. 

Back