Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Good brush for soffit, fascia and gutter clean

Crystalalan

Alright lads and lassies. Can anyone recommend a brush for cleaning soffit, fascias and gutters.I`m after one that can get into that awkward crevice inbetween the fascia and the gutter. I need one that has long bristles which can get right up there and dosn`t shed bristles

Alright lads and lassies. Can anyone recommend a brush for cleaning soffit, fascias and gutters.I`m after one that can get into that awkward crevice inbetween the fascia and the gutter. I need one that has long bristles which can get right up there and dosn`t shed bristles
Looking forward to the answers and advice on this one! ???

Gardiners supream , the bristles are longer on this brush compared to most others we use them all the time for windows and all plastic cleans and commercial building  wash downs 

I use the most basic unger Radius sill brush. Long outer bristles and stiffer inner grey bristles for scrubbing power

Works for me 

Gardiner supreme flocked.

its interesting that on the website they recommend the sill and universal for fascias but not the supreme. 
as Pjj rightly said, the longer bristles and high splay angle of the bristles make it the best brush for cleaning fascias and gutters.

you can easily get up nice and high on the fascia boards behind the gutter with these. Also use the brisket length to clean into the brackets without much fuss too. Also much lighter than sill and universal by comparison if I’m correct. 

I have an old Gardiners Xtreme flocked brush, black and blue bristles (not made anymore).

The stock is very thin, so I can more of the plastic under the gutter (and hence more bristle) and more scrubbing power.

Combined with fan jets and light weight, it is a good tool to use. 

your all wrong..........?......i use old standard xtreme brushes.....they are nice and light and get up between the gutter brackets,etc.....ive used every type of brush...i use to use radius sill brushes for f/s/g work....these are far too cumbersome and heavy for f/s/g work.........in reality you can do just as good a job with xtreme brushes and with a lot less aching shoulders and arms!

I have always cleaned gutter, facias, soffits by hand but have now decided to do it with my WFP.

Can anyone recommend a decent brush to use.

Also just went to order my trusted 35mm Gardiner medium soft brush ( which is fantastic) but they are out of stock.

Has anyone tried the 35mm xtreame

And the 35mm sill brush.

Any advice would be much appreciated as im sick of buying stuff and only using it once to find out i dont like it ??

I use a mixture of gardiners supreme, universal(stiff) and their standard sill brush. If non of this can reach then I’ll also use an unger starduster on my trad pole. Very rare we use ladders on fsg’s nowadays as it just takes too long. 

I use a mixture of gardiners supreme, universal(stiff) and their standard sill brush. If non of this can reach then I’ll also use an unger starduster on my trad pole. Very rare we use ladders on fsg’s nowadays as it just takes too long. 
Just looked at all the brushes,  the stiff sill brush seems to standout for me.

Which is your go to brush for fsg's ?

Do you use the 26cm ?

I only use 35cm brushes on glass but might be a bit big for fsg's.

Thanks for the reply ?

I have always cleaned gutter, facias, soffits by hand but have now decided to do it with my WFP.

Can anyone recommend a decent brush to use.

Also just went to order my trusted 35mm Gardiner medium soft brush ( which is fantastic) but they are out of stock.

Has anyone tried the 35mm xtreame

And the 35mm sill brush.

Any advice would be much appreciated as im sick of buying stuff and only using it once to find out i dont like it ??
If you look a bit further down you will see this topic discussed. 
at  the end of the day I think it’s a personal decision on brushes. 
You have to find what works for you. On the glass I am using the new extreme sill brush. I think it’s the best brush I have bought in a long time. Why? It’s light, I like the idea of the plastic bumpers on the end, and good cleaning power. 

If you look a bit further down you will see this topic discussed. 
at  the end of the day I think it’s a personal decision on brushes. 
You have to find what works for you. On the glass I am using the new extreme sill brush. I think it’s the best brush I have bought in a long time. Why? It’s light, I like the idea of the plastic bumpers on the end, and good cleaning power. 
I did search it in the end and found loads af answers. 

Like you say everyone has there own opion and likes different brushes.

Will look at the extreme for the glass, alot of people do rave about it.

As for the FSG I'll just have to take a chance and see what works best.

I did search it in the end and found loads af answers. 

Like you say everyone has there own opion and likes different brushes.

Will look at the extreme for the glass, alot of people do rave about it.

As for the FSG I'll just have to take a chance and see what works best.
I have had a fair few brushes over the years my favourite is the Ultimate TaperTec I use it as my daily brush for windows and have an old battered one for F.S.G cleans it scrubs well and is nice and light.

I have had a fair few brushes over the years my favourite is the Ultimate TaperTec I use it as my daily brush for windows and have an old battered one for F.S.G cleans it scrubs well and is nice and light.
Thats my favourite too but they were out of stock so going to try the extreame 35cm.

Tell a lie, i use the medium soft, just looked at the Tapertec, any good?

Dont think they do it in a 35cm though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats my favourite too but they were out of stock so going to try the extreame 35cm.

Yes I use a 23cm supreme du pont bristle tapertec as my go to everyday brush. I absolutely love it its very small I admit but is extremely light and whips about the glass very speedily. It has brilliant cleaning qualitys and You can rinse on which I also love. Had It now for nearly 6 months and it is still in excellent condition. I think you are right but might still be worth while considering as it is very quick to use. I use it with 100 degree fan jets set at a flo rate of 50

I can't be doing with 35cm brushes of any kind I tried a 35cm Xtreme years ago on a commercial job and couldn't get away with it, just not needed with my work at all

Latest Posts

Back