Yellow stains after softwashing

1980al

Hi folks

Has anyone had an issue post softwash with faint yellow staining on the render?

I've done several houses to date and never had any issues until this one . My gut is telling me I've not rinsed enough ! Just wondering if anyone on here can advise. 

Thank you

56 minutes ago, 1980al said:

Hi folks

Has anyone had an issue post softwash with faint yellow staining on the render?

I've done several houses to date and never had any issues until this one . My gut is telling me I've not rinsed enough ! Just wondering if anyone on here can advise. 

Thank you

Just the bleach being a bit strong .

Should go after an hour or 2.

Never had that effect on render ?.. it will on white plastics but will revert back over a few hours , are you shore it’s not different layers of paint worn through and you are seeing the previous layer of paint ? 

If you haven’t rinsed enough when it dries there will be white salt marks or lines or evan crystals but I doubt it’s that , 15% strength hypo won’t affect the colour  of render in my experience . 

Edited by Pjj
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Never had that effect on render ?.. it will on white plastics but will revert back over a few hours , are you shore it’s not different layers of paint worn through and you are seeing the previous layer of paint ? 

If you haven’t rinsed enough when it dries there will be white salt marks or lines or evan crystals but I doubt it’s that , 15% strength hypo won’t affect the colour  of render in my experience . 

I honestly don't know what it is, the majority of the house looks great just the odd kinda yellow patch here and there, I'll add pictures shortly.

Anyway to remove these white salt marks or lines @pjj ? Had a render clean today with bricks underneath and the bricks had milky streaks running down them. I soaked them before and after as well but they were still there, guessing it’s effervescence 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, JBC said:

Anyway to remove these white salt marks or lines @pjj ? Had a render clean today with bricks underneath and the bricks had milky streaks running down them. I soaked them before and after as well but they were still there, guessing it’s effervescence 🤦‍♂️

You mean effloressence and it is a nightmare to get rid of

Thanks @Dave B spelling was never my strong suit.

A nightmare then? How would one get rid of it? It has been wet all day here, so I thought a dry scrub with a stiff brush on a warm day might budge it. I am gutter vaccing a neighbour's house aoon so hoping to fix it then. Thanks 

scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, JBC said:

Muriatic acid or hydrochloric acid will remove the salt but be careful.

1 hour ago, JBC said:

If it’s salt marks from soft washing it will come off with a light scrub and a good rinse , if it’s effervescence that’s a whole different ball game , I have always turned jobs like that down as I have seen several peoples attempts to remove it and they have made it 10x worse 😂😂😂😂

Thanks for the replies lads 👍 customer hasnt mentioned anything and I could just be being pedantic.

Hopefully if it does need removal its just salt from softwashing. Will keep you updated 😅