Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yellow stains after softwashing

1980al

Hi folks

Has anyone had an issue post softwash with faint yellow staining on the render?

I've done several houses to date and never had any issues until this one . My gut is telling me I've not rinsed enough ! Just wondering if anyone on here can advise. 

Thank you

Hi folks

Has anyone had an issue post softwash with faint yellow staining on the render?

I've done several houses to date and never had any issues until this one . My gut is telling me I've not rinsed enough ! Just wondering if anyone on here can advise. 

Thank you
Just the bleach being a bit strong .

Should go after an hour or 2.

Never had that effect on render ?.. it will on white plastics but will revert back over a few hours , are you shore it’s not different layers of paint worn through and you are seeing the previous layer of paint ? 

If you haven’t rinsed enough when it dries there will be white salt marks or lines or evan crystals but I doubt it’s that , 15% strength hypo won’t affect the colour  of render in my experience . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had that effect on render ?.. it will on white plastics but will revert back over a few hours , are you shore it’s not different layers of paint worn through and you are seeing the previous layer of paint ? 

If you haven’t rinsed enough when it dries there will be white salt marks or lines or evan crystals but I doubt it’s that , 15% strength hypo won’t affect the colour  of render in my experience . 
I honestly don't know what it is, the majority of the house looks great just the odd kinda yellow patch here and there, I'll add pictures shortly.

Anyway to remove these white salt marks or lines @pjj ? Had a render clean today with bricks underneath and the bricks had milky streaks running down them. I soaked them before and after as well but they were still there, guessing it’s effervescence ?‍♂️

Anyway to remove these white salt marks or lines @pjj ? Had a render clean today with bricks underneath and the bricks had milky streaks running down them. I soaked them before and after as well but they were still there, guessing it’s effervescence ?‍♂️
You mean effloressence and it is a nightmare to get rid of

Thanks @Dave B spelling was never my strong suit.

A nightmare then? How would one get rid of it? It has been wet all day here, so I thought a dry scrub with a stiff brush on a warm day might budge it. I am gutter vaccing a neighbour's house aoon so hoping to fix it then. Thanks 

Muriatic acid or hydrochloric acid will remove the salt but be careful.

If it’s salt marks from soft washing it will come off with a light scrub and a good rinse , if it’s effervescence that’s a whole different ball game , I have always turned jobs like that down as I have seen several peoples attempts to remove it and they have made it 10x worse ????

Thanks for the replies lads ? customer hasnt mentioned anything and I could just be being pedantic.

Hopefully if it does need removal its just salt from softwashing. Will keep you updated ?

Did you ever hear back about this 
Nothing came of it ?

I went past it a while ago amd it looked fine, I think maybe it was debris from the render as it was old. 

I probably wouldn't hypo it of i was to do it today. I have been using biocide mostly this year and just touching up with metaclear when its needed, have had awesome results ?

That’s good to hear mate! I hit full panic Mode last night. 2 townhouses next to each other both had quite big yellow patches where the black was quite bad just took a drive past today and it’s defiantly faded. Maybe some organic growth just deep in the tender coming out ?‍♂️ This was all I could find on it!

That’s good to hear mate! I hit full panic Mode last night. 2 townhouses next to each other both had quite big yellow patches where the black was quite bad just took a drive past today and it’s defiantly faded. Maybe some organic growth just deep in the tender coming out ?‍♂️ This was all I could find on it!
Ah yes, I know the full panic mode! ? 

Latest Posts

Back