Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone working today?

Dirty dan

Hi everyone. Really tempted to go out and get some work done, just wanted to see what everyone else’s thoughts are with this rain? ??‍♂️

Yes working from 11, it's on all day but easing off in the afternoon a little. Plus we can work in rain if we are WFP so why shouldn't we? Although one has cancelled due to rain so they are binned as we cant not work Everytime there is rain due 

Said it before and this is the last time.

******* down with rqin and i wont work, not worth catching bloody flu for me as my wife has low imune system and prone to illness, so i do everything i can to not get ill.

Theres always sun shine on the horizon.

Horrendous weather in North Norfolk today and forcast tomorrow, so looks like a Saturday work to catch up.

******* down with rqin and i wont work, not worth catching bloody flu for me as my wife has low imune system and prone to illness, so i do everything i can to not get ill.

Horrendous weather in North Norfolk today and forcast tomorrow, so looks like a Saturday work to catch up.
You can't catch flu from being wet or cold.

Flu is a virus like covid and you have to be in contact with someone.

Complete fallacy.

Not saying you should work in rain as that is your choice but just putting it out there that it is an old wives tale.

Got 4 new cleans today and deliberately doing them today so they know the score from day 1 and get no grief later.

Not saying the cold doesn't lower your immune system as I don't know but google wim hoff.. he is immune to everything and has proved it in labs all from immersing himself in icy water and cold showers etc and breathing techniques. 

I do it with freezing showers daily and never get ill.

You can't catch flu from being wet or cold.

Flu is a virus like covid and you have to be in contact with someone.

Complete fallacy.

Not saying you should work in rain as that is your choice but just putting it out there that it is an old wives tale.

Got 4 new cleans today and deliberately doing them today so they know the score from day 1 and get no grief later.
Im not on about normal flu im after its much worse form!!!

Screenshot_20200618-115701_Samsung Internet.jpg

We've just finished a big fascia and soffit clean in Cambridge. Peed down for the 6 hours it took us to do. Had to stop briefly mid afternoon yesterday when the lightning started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out as normal. It’s not great but it’s better than working Saturday to make it up. Working in the rain won’t exactly give you a cold but it will lower your immune system so that you are more likely to catch one if you do come into contact with it. 

Well I decided to get out and do it, rivers going down the road as I’m finishing of a conny, does feel a little weird. 

Big FSG clean, Connie roof and first clean. Really easy in this weather. Customer well chuffed but the rain has been relentless 

Not pleasent to be out today but got a full day in (wfp & a fair bit of trad).  I just keep going regardless but with a few exceptions (really high winds or lightning).  My customers are well conditioned these days to expect me out in all weathers but its taken a while to get to that point!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Three hours this morning, a team of the two of us. Complete bungalow and conservatory restoration (gutters, soffits and fascias etc) and that was it! Started at nine and finished by twelve......getting really fed up with the non stop rain now; enough is enough!

Latest Posts

Back