Jump to content

Upgrade to hot water system


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, me again. I have thought if my business gets better. I might wish to upgrade to a hot water system. I believe that they is such thing. What is everyone's thoughts on a hot water system? I presume it does a better job and makes it easier but is there any more risks on damaging the window, glass, frame etc?

 

Thank You 🙂 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Azz1 said:

Hello everyone, me again. I have thought if my business gets better. I might wish to upgrade to a hot water system. I believe that they is such thing. What is everyone's thoughts on a hot water system? I presume it does a better job and makes it easier but is there any more risks on damaging the window, glass, frame etc?

 

Thank You 🙂 

Yes hot is very good , dont want to be rude but there have been literally dozens of posts about this subject I for one am bored of answering it 😂😂😂😂 use the search bar at the top of the page and you will get tons of info them ask any specific question that arnt covered 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

Yes hot is very good , dont want to be rude but there have been literally dozens of posts about this subject I for one am bored of answering it 😂😂😂😂 use the search bar at the top of the page and you will get tons of info them ask any specific question that arnt covered 

Thanks. Didn't see the search bar 🤦 lol 😀

Link to post
Just now, THL4KEL said:

By the time its run through 100m of hose its not very hot.

A couple of weeks ago with 60+ meters of hose out it was 80+ degrees 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Just now, Pjj said:

It’s no good Ime now going to remove it from all my vans 😂😂😂

Lol. Genuinely though, what do you think will be the next step up in the window cleaning industry? I’ve often thought they’ll design something that dries the glass straight away some how 

Link to post
Just now, RWCleaning said:

Lol. Genuinely though, what do you think will be the next step up in the window cleaning industry? I’ve often thought they’ll design something that dries the glass straight away some how 

Don’t know it would be nice if you didn’t need to carry 1000 ltr of water each day for a full days work with two people you could have a much smaller van , Ime guessing a way to clean  the same as we do now with much less water 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Don’t know it would be nice if you didn’t need to carry 1000 ltr of water each day for a full days work with two people you could have a much smaller van , Ime guessing a way to clean  the same as we do now with much less water 

Bucket & scrims 👍 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to post
10 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Lol. Genuinely though, what do you think will be the next step up in the window cleaning industry? I’ve often thought they’ll design something that dries the glass straight away some how 

pure hot water window cleaning does dry the glass virtually instantly in the summer months....

Link to post
3 hours ago, Azz1 said:

Hello everyone, me again. I have thought if my business gets better. I might wish to upgrade to a hot water system. I believe that they is such thing. What is everyone's thoughts on a hot water system? I presume it does a better job and makes it easier but is there any more risks on damaging the window, glass, frame etc?

 

Thank You 🙂 

a hot water system is great...its makes your work day easier and more comfortable....ive had to use cold water for a few days this week as i was waiting for a few electrical items to arrive  to fix my diesel heater...i absolutely hated it!my 100m of hose was like wire and having to spend longer to scrub certain windows with snail trails/bird muck (on frames and glass),bird strikes,insect spots and gutter splatter/grit......im so used to cleaning with hot water as i use it every day normally!

 

there is defo a risk of cracking glass....ive cracked a few panes,every time the glass already had a little crack in it anyway and the imperfection has just gone the full length of the window!if i see even the smallest crack on the glass i wont clean it!

 

ive never had to fork out for a replacement window though as all the customers knew their window was damaged in the first place......

 

my heater also has a "frost stat" mode for the winter months to stop my system freezing during very cold nights......so i dont have to remember to bung a heater in the back of my van......

 

i know my neighbour was freaked out last winter when she heard my heater fire up a few times in the night to keep everything frost free!(i was staying at my girlfriends house!).it sounds like a jet engine on tick over for 10 mins..👍😂...not quite as loud but similar sounding.....

 

they are very expensive to buy and have fitted in your van but i love mine...it was  25th anniversary present to myself for being in this window cleaning business all this time!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.