Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrade to hot water system

Azz1

Hello everyone, me again. I have thought if my business gets better. I might wish to upgrade to a hot water system. I believe that they is such thing. What is everyone's thoughts on a hot water system? I presume it does a better job and makes it easier but is there any more risks on damaging the window, glass, frame etc?

Thank You ? 

Hello everyone, me again. I have thought if my business gets better. I might wish to upgrade to a hot water system. I believe that they is such thing. What is everyone's thoughts on a hot water system? I presume it does a better job and makes it easier but is there any more risks on damaging the window, glass, frame etc?

Thank You ? 
Yes hot is very good , dont want to be rude but there have been literally dozens of posts about this subject I for one am bored of answering it ???? use the search bar at the top of the page and you will get tons of info them ask any specific question that arnt covered 

Yes hot is very good , dont want to be rude but there have been literally dozens of posts about this subject I for one am bored of answering it ???? use the search bar at the top of the page and you will get tons of info them ask any specific question that arnt covered 
Thanks. Didn't see the search bar ? lol ?

It’s no good Ime now going to remove it from all my vans ???
Lol. Genuinely though, what do you think will be the next step up in the window cleaning industry? I’ve often thought they’ll design something that dries the glass straight away some how 

Lol. Genuinely though, what do you think will be the next step up in the window cleaning industry? I’ve often thought they’ll design something that dries the glass straight away some how 
Don’t know it would be nice if you didn’t need to carry 1000 ltr of water each day for a full days work with two people you could have a much smaller van , Ime guessing a way to clean  the same as we do now with much less water 

Thank You ? 
a hot water system is great...its makes your work day easier and more comfortable....ive had to use cold water for a few days this week as i was waiting for a few electrical items to arrive  to fix my diesel heater...i absolutely hated it!my 100m of hose was like wire and having to spend longer to scrub certain windows with snail trails/bird muck (on frames and glass),bird strikes,insect spots and gutter splatter/grit......im so used to cleaning with hot water as i use it every day normally!

there is defo a risk of cracking glass....ive cracked a few panes,every time the glass already had a little crack in it anyway and the imperfection has just gone the full length of the window!if i see even the smallest crack on the glass i wont clean it!

ive never had to fork out for a replacement window though as all the customers knew their window was damaged in the first place......

my heater also has a "frost stat" mode for the winter months to stop my system freezing during very cold nights......so i dont have to remember to bung a heater in the back of my van......

i know my neighbour was freaked out last winter when she heard my heater fire up a few times in the night to keep everything frost free!(i was staying at my girlfriends house!).it sounds like a jet engine on tick over for 10 mins..??...not quite as loud but similar sounding.....

they are very expensive to buy and have fitted in your van but i love mine...it was  25th anniversary present to myself for being in this window cleaning business all this time!

Back