Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

roof cleaning advise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G S Cleaning

I've been cleaning gutters for a while now and more people are asking me to clean there roof but I've never done one before so I'm asking for advise on what to do and what to use? how to change too? ideally from the ground too

thank you for your help and it's really appreciated

I did a roof clean today with my pressure washer and small patio as well as, cleared gutters, fsg clean and all windows and doors. I had to try and unblock a downpipe at the bottom but the drain next to it was also blocked so he is contacting the company that laid the driveway. I also took an old aerial away so the birds can't sit on it. I have a Falch nozzle which can PW a roof in jig time but its very expensive or I would use my twin turbo nozzle.  

lop1.jpg

lop2.jpg

I did a roof clean today with my pressure washer and small patio as well as, cleared gutters, fsg clean and all windows and doors. I had to try and unblock a downpipe at the bottom but the drain next to it was also blocked so he is contacting the company that laid the driveway. I also took an old aerial away so the birds can't sit on it. I have a Falch nozzle which can PW a roof in jig time but its very expensive or I would use my twin turbo nozzle.  

View attachment 21029

View attachment 21030
Looks good nice job done there and doesn’t look like it’s removed the surface of the tiles like some do ?

View attachment 21029

View attachment 21030
this looks great, what did you charge for the roof clean? 

I'm usually looking for £600 for a full day cleaning roofs because I have to clear gutters and clean all pvc and windows. If the customer is selling then it makes it easier to sell as it stands out. Anything else needing done like removing aerials, fixing chimney pots or replacing tiles can be done at same time. I'm bird-proofing solar panels this afternoon which is half a day's work. Grippatank is coming in the morning to do a service on my system. Don't know if I'm expensive but my customers were delighted as I fixed a few monoblock driveway on same street because I have 100kg wacker plate. Bar my 100 window customers, I'm like Mr Fixer, all I seem to do is fix other trades mistakes now. 

I'm usually looking for £600 for a full day cleaning roofs because I have to clear gutters and clean all pvc and windows. If the customer is selling then it makes it easier to sell as it stands out. Anything else needing done like removing aerials, fixing chimney pots or replacing tiles can be done at same time. I'm bird-proofing solar panels this afternoon which is half a day's work. Grippatank is coming in the morning to do a service on my system. Don't know if I'm expensive but my customers were delighted as I fixed a few monoblock driveway on same street because I have 100kg wacker plate. Bar my 100 window customers, I'm like Mr Fixer, all I seem to do is fix other trades mistakes now. 
Is that £600 all in or do you put any other charges on top of that like scaffold rental, chems etc?

Back