Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 x upgrades for reel

Den

1. upgrade for my 3D power up is adjustable pull out the roller my mate made this yesterday within a couple of hours very happy especially as My 3D reel works from the side door only tried briefly so far works brilliant clearing the side door with no drag very happy ?

2. Is a remote control upgrade but can’t upload video due to file size but briefly tried and work a treat ?

Tomorrow will day one of trying them out fully. 

07D08B6D-1992-4DF4-925A-3A8DA2564F8C.jpeg

20CA47E3-F148-4B34-9E53-F64C756180A6.jpeg

13DC7CDD-CF20-427B-8443-42101916766C.jpeg

1. upgrade for my 3D power up is adjustable pull out the roller my mate made this yesterday within a couple of hours very happy especially as My 3D reel works from the side door only tried briefly so far works brilliant clearing the side door with no drag very happy ?

2. Is a remote control upgrade but can’t upload video due to file size but briefly tried and work a treat ?

Tomorrow will day one of trying them out fully. 

View attachment 21074

View attachment 21075

View attachment 21076
It might be a a good idea to re-paint the hose reel guide arms bright yellow or apply black and yellow hazard tape as they appear in my opinion to be a massive liability and legal claim waiting to happen

Some child or elderly person with limited vision walks into that your business is toast 

Yes have thought of that will only pull out maximum length when on a private drive most of my work in off road ?

2. Upgrade remote control 

https://youtu.be/mGDoPLIaSOA
Its a bit severe. Oliver at Grippatank upgraded both my reels with better motors and made them remote control. I thought it was a bit of a gimmick tbh but I used them yesterday and very good. You can even run out hose if you are a bit short and then there is a fast or slow winding action. Everything seems to be wireless now bar the carbon poles. ?

Looks awesome @Den

I really need one for my side door reel. Any ideas how your friend knocked it together? ?
Looks like 25mm box steel tubing with a £15 Amazon ATV quadbike winch fairlead roller a welded captive M8 Nut and M8 thumbscrew then slides into a a baseplate to which the hosereel is mounted onto 

Looks awesome @Den

I really need one for my side door reel. Any ideas how your friend knocked it together? ?
Two different sizes of box tubing smaller size fits inside the larger size so can be pulled out to desired length then welded to two brackets that were made to fit the bolts hole on top  of my tan, then he welded a bolt on the front of adjustable sliding out arm then bolted and welded roller on to that. Did have to cut a couple of millimetres out of the reel face plate to make fit really solid bit of kit ?

Back