Some serious Heat on the way.....

Had a quick look at the forecast, as I do everyday, and temperature going into the 30's on Weds and Thursday.

I don't know what you guys do but in that kind of heat I start early and finish early, reducing my hours if needs be. Keep safe evryone and use the suncream!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave B

• Part Timer

• Bart90

• RWCleaning

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dam... best stay home and soak it up 

I've had heat stroke once and I was no good at all it was about 40c in Egypt for a few days running 😰🤮  The luxury of running my own business is I can knock off when I want, yes I should do a ful

You on here Saturday night 😂, bet you won't be next Saturday

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

I don't know what you guys do but in that kind of heat

Sweat my bo!!ocks off and drink plenty of non alcoholic fluids, trust me to be in London when it's forecast to be 32 degrees😮

2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Sweat my bo!!ocks off and drink plenty of non alcoholic fluids, trust me to be in London when it's forecast to be 32 degrees😮

I don't envy you mate!  Hope it goes well.  I suppose if you work away you don't have the same flexibilty as us local windies!

Just now, Bart90 said:

I don't envy you mate!  Hope it goes well.  I suppose if you work away you don't have the same flexibilty as us local windies!

Got to give at least a weeks notice, can't start before 8 either. 

5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Got to give at least a weeks notice, can't start before 8 either. 

I hope you're charging them a premium!

1 minute ago, Bart90 said:

I hope you're charging them a premium!

This job doesn't actually pay very well, it's a rush job as they forgot about it. I'm only doing it as I'm trying to get all their work, countrywide. The new head of ops wants to give 1 company all their work, windows and gutters, and I'm trying to be that company. Job only pays £750, £500 after ex's, for 2 men for 2 days. 

factor 30 suncream,polarised sunglasses,cap,combat shorts,plenty of fluids and some fruit and im fine......i only do 5 or 6 hour days (at most!)so i can handle the heat for that amount of time.....😁

enjoy the weather lads...its gotta be better than all the rain last week!👍

• Like 3

worked an extra long day today and same tomorrow I’ll do two hours Wednesday morning then I’m sunbathing for the rest of the week! Looking forward to a very long weekend.

• Like 2

I burn ridiculously easy so factor 50 for me 😅

I have Thursdays off at least but Wednesday is a pretty big day this week, can’t complain tho I’d prefer some sunshine to rain any day, enjoy it everyone 👍

5 hours ago, Part Timer said:

That  made me chuckle Pt

Be the same here in Southend

But luckily I am a proper part timer and be done by 12

1 minute ago, MJK said:

That  made me chuckle Pt

Be the same here in Southend

But luckily I am a proper part timer and be done by 12

Where I live I don't remember a day where its hit 30 degrees, let alone 32. At least you'll get a bit of relief off the sea. Hopefully be on our way home by 1 at the very latest. Air con in the van will be a blessing.

4 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Where I live I don't remember a day where its hit 30 degrees, let alone 32. At least you'll get a bit of relief off the sea. Hopefully be on our way home by 1 at the very latest. Air con in the van will be a blessing.

Ahh a van 

not here buddy but just my 03 Mondy estate filled with a combination of window and car cleaning goodies, I enjoy both.

Ps - Whats a mackem doing in London ?????  errr silly question work lol

steve garwood
7 hours ago, Part Timer said:

You will notice the difference in heat down here. 
My dads a cockney that moved to Cornwall 15 years back. When he comes back to visit myself and family in and around London, he is always taken aback by the humidity and rise of temperature compared to down there.

I’ll start at 8 and finish at 1, then relax in my garden watching the nest of ringneck parakeets that have set up in my neighbours apple tree 👍🍺👨‍🦰

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
53 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

You will notice the difference in heat down here. 
My dads a cockney that moved to Cornwall 15 years back. When he comes back to visit myself and family in and around London, he is always taken aback by the humidity and rise of temperature compared to down there.

I’ll start at 8 and finish at 1, then relax in my garden watching the nest of ringneck parakeets that have set up in my neighbours apple tree 👍🍺👨‍🦰

I notice it in Cambridge as well, the Wednesday night time temperature is still meant to be 23 degrees. We will hopefully doing 8-1 as well but then have a 5 hour drive home so no 🍺 Anywhere inland gets a lot hotter and humid than coastal areas, especially compared to the NE coast

8 hours ago, MJK said:

Ahh a van 

not here buddy but just my 03 Mondy estate filled with a combination of window and car cleaning goodies, I enjoy both.

Ps - Whats a mackem doing in London ?????  errr silly question work lol

I've started working with a PM company that has a lot of large sites. Unfortunately the vast majority are in the London / SE / SW. The ultimate aim is to get all of their work, if I don't then this trip won't have been worthwhile.

scottish cleaning service

Raining up here all week and thunder and lightening Thursday and Friday. Ah well I need a rest anyway. Got windows to clean and a large fence to build for a loyal customer and might do it on Thursday. Dentist tomorrow. 😁