Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some serious Heat on the way.....

Bart90

Had a quick look at the forecast, as I do everyday, and temperature going into the 30's on Weds and Thursday.

I don't know what you guys do but in that kind of heat I start early and finish early, reducing my hours if needs be. Keep safe evryone and use the suncream!!

I hope you're charging them a premium!
This job doesn't actually pay very well, it's a rush job as they forgot about it. I'm only doing it as I'm trying to get all their work, countrywide. The new head of ops wants to give 1 company all their work, windows and gutters, and I'm trying to be that company. Job only pays £750, £500 after ex's, for 2 men for 2 days. 

factor 30 suncream,polarised sunglasses,cap,combat shorts,plenty of fluids and some fruit and im fine......i only do 5 or 6 hour days (at most!)so i can handle the heat for that amount of time.....?

enjoy the weather lads...its gotta be better than all the rain last week!?

worked an extra long day today and same tomorrow I’ll do two hours Wednesday morning then I’m sunbathing for the rest of the week! Looking forward to a very long weekend.

I burn ridiculously easy so factor 50 for me ?

I have Thursdays off at least but Wednesday is a pretty big day this week, can’t complain tho I’d prefer some sunshine to rain any day, enjoy it everyone ?

That  made me chuckle Pt

Be the same here in Southend

But luckily I am a proper part timer and be done by 12
Where I live I don't remember a day where its hit 30 degrees, let alone 32. At least you'll get a bit of relief off the sea. Hopefully be on our way home by 1 at the very latest. Air con in the van will be a blessing.

Where I live I don't remember a day where its hit 30 degrees, let alone 32. At least you'll get a bit of relief off the sea. Hopefully be on our way home by 1 at the very latest. Air con in the van will be a blessing.
Ahh a van 

not here buddy but just my 03 Mondy estate filled with a combination of window and car cleaning goodies, I enjoy both.

Ps - Whats a mackem doing in London ?????  errr silly question work lol

You will notice the difference in heat down here. 
My dads a cockney that moved to Cornwall 15 years back. When he comes back to visit myself and family in and around London, he is always taken aback by the humidity and rise of temperature compared to down there.

I’ll start at 8 and finish at 1, then relax in my garden watching the nest of ringneck parakeets that have set up in my neighbours apple tree ???‍?

You will notice the difference in heat down here. 
My dads a cockney that moved to Cornwall 15 years back. When he comes back to visit myself and family in and around London, he is always taken aback by the humidity and rise of temperature compared to down there.

I’ll start at 8 and finish at 1, then relax in my garden watching the nest of ringneck parakeets that have set up in my neighbours apple tree ???‍?
I notice it in Cambridge as well, the Wednesday night time temperature is still meant to be 23 degrees. We will hopefully doing 8-1 as well but then have a 5 hour drive home so no ? Anywhere inland gets a lot hotter and humid than coastal areas, especially compared to the NE coast

Ahh a van 

not here buddy but just my 03 Mondy estate filled with a combination of window and car cleaning goodies, I enjoy both.

Ps - Whats a mackem doing in London ?????  errr silly question work lol
I've started working with a PM company that has a lot of large sites. Unfortunately the vast majority are in the London / SE / SW. The ultimate aim is to get all of their work, if I don't then this trip won't have been worthwhile.

Raining up here all week and thunder and lightening Thursday and Friday. Ah well I need a rest anyway. Got windows to clean and a large fence to build for a loyal customer and might do it on Thursday. Dentist tomorrow. ?

the heat made fishing uncomfortable this afternoon. 

Gonna take a nice cold beer with me tomorrow.

Will have done my days work (commercial) by 12 so off to one of the 3 syndicate lakes afterwards. 

Too hot for working.

Back