Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Tools (Aqua tec systems)

Hi,

Any Jocks out there had a Van system installed by Window tools (Aqua Tec systems) in Edinburgh?
Any info appreciated.

Cheers
I bought this trailer from them. It was rubbish. It had 3 x 150 liter tanks. The axles were not designed to carry the weight and I had to replace them several times. It rusted away in 3 years.

http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaner-trailer-system.htm

5a.jpg

Peter Fogwill is the owner and it a very nice helpful guy. In my dealing with them I struggled to get hold of Peter as he was inventing stuff. The Aquatap on the brush didn't take the window cleaning industry by storm and the Aquatap he invented was also a failure.

He also invented a telescopic pole without clamps. You had to hold it extended with the internal pole hose. If memory serves me the pole had a ridge on it to stop it spinning.

I know things change but personally, I wouldn't involve myself with them again. He still has a hot water trolley powered by a gas heater on his website. He stopped selling that gas heater 10 years ago at least. That doesn't inspire confidence in me.

I would rather consider a long trip to Purefreedom in Grimsby as I know they have a good product at a good price. Many locally have their systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this trailer from them. It was rubbish. It had 3 x 150 liter tanks. The axles were not designed to carry the weight and I had to replace them several times. It rusted away in 3 years.

http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaner-trailer-system.htm

Peter Fogwill is the owner and it a very nice helpful guy. In my dealing with them I struggled to get hold of Peter as he was inventing stuff. The Aquatap on the brush didn't take the window cleaning industry by storm and the Aquatap he invented was also a failure.

I know things change but personally, I wouldn't involve myself with them.

I would rather consider a long trip to Purefreedom in Grimsby as I know they have a good product at a good price. Many locally have their stuff.
That trailer is shocking. Its not braked and I'd say laden over 750kg. 

Daqua is fitting again he is fitting a tank for me this week, 

Grippatanks do fitting in Scotland I think, there's also window cleaning stuff in Edinburgh,

Thanks for the comment. I’m actually up in Peterhead and tried Daqua first, he’s not doing installs for the moment. 
We have just started doing installs but the problem we have is parts for the frame as the engineering company has not been up and running. Hopefully next week they will start production.

Peter has also done a lot of systems he is based in Broxburn. 

That trailer is shocking. Its not braked and I'd say laden over 750kg. 
Not quite but close. I towed it with my 1.3 Suzuki carry van. The only way it was legal was if I added 4 x 25 liter drums of water as ballast and my weight.

It got me into wfp as it was a complete system but it was a total waste of money. I should have sold the Suzuki while it was worth something and bought that citroen relay van a lot sooner. 

I salvaged the pump, and the jockey wheel and cut the rest up for the scrap man. I threw out the remaining new hubs I had in the cupboard a couple of months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite but close. I towed it with my 1.3 Suzuki carry van. The only way it was legal was if I added 4 x 25 liter drums of water as ballast and my weight.

It got me into wfp as it was a complete system but it was a total water of money. I should have sold the Suzuki while it was worth something and bought that citroen relay van a lot sooner. 
I saw a young lad last week towing a site compressor with jack hammers trailer in a old fiat uno. No C1-E undersized lead vehicle and no insurance. Local police nailed him 

I saw a young lad last week towing a site compressor with jack hammers trailer in a old fiat uno. No C1-E undersized lead vehicle and no insurance. Local police nailed him 
I can't remember what the regulations are with regards to non braked trailers and tow vehicle weights but I had to drive extremely cautiously in icy weather.

All the pipes froze up and as the tanks were exposed to the sun I had to clean them out inside every few weeks in summer because of alge growth. I could never unhook the trailer when it was full of water as it was too heavy to manhandle in our hilly area. 

These were all factors I didn't consider when I purchased it. 

It was difficult to reverse due to it size even although I had plenty of experience with reversing caravans.

So when I mention in posts to newbies the importance of 'due diligence' its because I learnt the hard way by trying to buy equipment around what I already had, ie that Suzuki van.

Back