Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plastic welded tank.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gilly

Good morning. I'm thinking about getting a bespoke system immersion heated full ro built by Stephen Scargill Toolcraft plastics, has anyone had any experience getting a system built by the new setup of toolcraft plastics & Stephen Scargill? The reason I ask as in the past he got a bad reputation for being unreliable and didn't want to be spending out 4k and have lots of issues down the road. 

I went to Grippatank and had their crash tested hot water system installed. I have never looked back, got my first service last week which they came to my address. Was it worth ten grand? I think it was, as I make nearly a grand a month from window cleaning which keeps growing each week. Will soon have a revamp of my website and sign written van in the winter.

Good morning. I'm thinking about getting a bespoke system immersion heated full ro built by Stephen Scargill Toolcraft plastics, has anyone had any experience getting a system built by the new setup of toolcraft plastics & Stephen Scargill? The reason I ask as in the past he got a bad reputation for being unreliable and didn't want to be spending out 4k and have lots of issues down the road. 
Stephen built me a custom softwashing tanks the workmanship is second to none I think now he is working for Toolcraft the issues that existed before are now gone , I would thoroughly recommend him/them 

hi, @Gilly my tank was the last one he built before he went to work for toolcraft and is, quite honestly the best stystem i have ever had having had in the past 2 ionics stystems, pure freedom and an other i can't remember the name of at the moment plus a few diy/strapped in stystems in my earlier days.

a few points to think about though, you say you want immersion heating?, because steve installs the baffles so well the heater would only be heating 1/6th of the tank so you would need to run a circulating pump to "move" the heated water around the tank, on that note you would be very wise at this point to upgrade to an insulated tank to slow down all the heat loss.

think about how many outlet ports you think you may need (these can be blanked off if your not using them at them moment) ie two outlets for the pumps and a fast fill for a backpack or trad bucket plus two for the circulating pump mentioned above.

batteries, have steve install a twin battery box so you have a bit more leeway if you decide on the deisel route later on, 

it goes without saying but, because your are buying a bespoke item steve will need to know what van you have single or twin side doors 

electric reel if you have one or are thinking of one on top of the tank to come out of the side door or the back door?, at this stage its so easy to weld a plate in place for this hard and expensive if you decide later on.

it would be cheaper for you if you bought the ro stystem seperatly and produced water at home instead of in the van, also pumps controllers etc it would be better if you wired and hosed up the whole stystem yourself, don't trust steve with electrickery as its not his strongest point and he'll openly admit that however, buying the bare tank will be the best investment for your business you could make,

drop me a message if you need any info or to ask any questions if you like, could even take a few pictures?

regards kevin

Thanks Kevin for explaining all that. I'm similar been window cleaning just coming up for 20 years had various wfp systems and setups. Currently running a concept 2o LPG system but over the years all the petrol stations around my area have stopped selling LPG so its just a cold system now. The plan is to sell that [if anyone is interested let me know] and put the money towards another hot system. 

hi @Gillycheck out the for sale section on here neil has a very nice insulated tank for sale, have new fittings installed and hosed up it would be a bargain for someone, if that was of intrest then i'd ask neil to fit pumps etc and wire it up for you as he's more than qualified to do that- hope it helps,

@AGlassAct

hi @Gillycheck out the for sale section on here neil has a very nice insulated tank for sale, have new fittings installed and hosed up it would be a bargain for someone, if that was of intrest then i'd ask neil to fit pumps etc and wire it up for you as he's more than qualified to do that- hope it helps,

@AGlassAct
Cheers for the drop Kevin. If it’s something your interested in @gilly feel free to give me a shout. Happy to come up with something with you to make a full system with pumps, controllers etc.

Back