Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changed Sediment/Carbon Filter

scottish cleaning service

Changed my combined Sediment/Carbon filter today. A bit tricky because it was my first time. I flushed out the filter to begin with and a load of black dye came out but after a few minutes it ran clear.

Thought Grippatank serviced it for you ?? Always flush the carbon filters through with tap water before fitting them to your system, the black is small particles of carbon , you don’t want that clogging up your 5 micron or ro filters 

Thought Grippatank serviced it for you ?? Always flush the carbon filters through with tap water before fitting them to your system, the black is small particles of carbon , you don’t want that clogging up your 5 micron or ro filters 
@Pjj you mean to disconnect the hose before the membrane then flush through thoroughly. I’m using the fibredyne whatever it’s called. I do still use a sediment filter before it. 

@Pjj you mean to disconnect the hose before the membrane then flush through thoroughly. I’m using the fibredyne whatever it’s called. I do still use a sediment filter before it. 
I always flush any filter containing carbon through with tap water to waist before using it as you always get carbon dust come out if it and it will go into the 5 micron or ro filters this won’t do them any good , I flush it through before putting it on my system or if it’s in the system take the outlet hose off the carbon filte4 and run it tk waust fir a couple of muinits until it’s running clear .

I always flush any filter containing carbon through with tap water to waist before using it as you always get carbon dust come out if it and it will go into the 5 micron or ro filters this won’t do them any good , I flush it through before putting it on my system or if it’s in the system take the outlet hose off the carbon filte4 and run it tk waust fir a couple of muinits until it’s running clear .
Ok. I have run mine through only for a few minutes though, thought I might have done it wrong. 

Oliver forgot to bring one so he sent one up free of charge. It was a bonus in disguise because I know how to fit it now and I can fit my own if I need to. Heard a good story today from my wee mate who does cleaning and gardening. Priced a big fence and window clean and the woman said too expensive so she will get someone else. She did and guy priced double his price so she called him back but he couldn't do it because he was too busy. That's what happens this time of year everyone is really busy.

Back