Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on the future

Supremely

Hi All

Was wondering what people's thoughts are regarding gutter cleaning and window cleaning for that matter with the coming recession, do you think the industry will thrive or decline?

I appreciate none of us have a crystal ball  and people will do whatever it takes to operate in such times but interested know people's views all the same.

Personally I think it will be really difficult however Window Cleaning itself has survived previous recessions 

Thanks

I reckon the construction industry is far more likely to suffer...window & gutter cleaning is small change....its the big jobs people will be tighter on. People will always value cleaning no-one wants to live in a Grubby home and very few people have the equipment or can be bothered to do these things themselves

It'll be fine, there may be some contraction but most window cleaners will be o.k. Last time around I probably lost 10% of my business but it came back fairly quickly.

The ones who may be in a dodgy place are those who are over streched financially.

Window cleaning is a very robust business.

A 10% retraction in the economy is big news, but most of us could cope with losing 10% of turnover for a period of time.  I'm not overly worried, I could lose 50% and still feed the kids

We are the busiest I have ever been Ime getting 5-10 enquires per day at the moment I cannot take on any more work we are booked up 14 weeks ahead for extra jobs at the moment just had to turn down 4 big detached houses for softwashing I was gutted but cannot do any more , obviously things might change in the future but at this time I don’t feel we will be affected especially   down hear as so many are very wealthy and have taken early retirement sold properties in London and have loads of cash in the bank . Time will tell 

A 10% retraction in the economy is big news, but most of us could cope with losing 10% of turnover for a period of time.  I'm not overly worried, I could lose 50% and still feed the kids
I suppose it all depends on personal finances. It would have to go very bad over a long period to affect us badly. However if your van, equipment are on finance and a large mortgage with other finance a 10% drop could be problematic.

I suppose it all depends on personal finances. It would have to go very bad over a long period to affect us badly. However if your van, equipment are on finance and a large mortgage with other finance a 10% drop could be problematic.
True, but with respect if you haven't made general provision in your business for a 10% downturn, you'll rightly be one of the weak businesses that is first to fold when it gets tough. This helps the rest of us survive. ?

True, but with respect if you haven't made general provision in your business for a 10% downturn, you'll rightly be one of the weak businesses that is first to fold when it gets tough. This helps the rest of us survive. ?
10% wouldn’t affect us one bit , 80% that would be a different matter 

Getting on for 30 years in this job and weathered a few recessions and never really suffered, I  think doing mostly residential work helps. 

It would be interesting to see where we are in a years time.

Back