Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Protectakote Van Floor

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hello! First time post, long time reader. I’m switching from a trolley system to a van mounted system. I’ve done two layers of  protectakote on the steel van floor. Question: my van floor also had a rubber lining, which is removable. Should i put that back after? Or would it make installation of equipment difficult? Would it trap water? Thanks in advance. 

1DB78209-C475-4EBD-BED5-8308A53D2933.jpeg

Hello! First time post, long time reader. I’m switching from a trolley system to a van mounted system. I’ve done two layers of  protectakote on the steel van floor. Question: my van floor also had a rubber lining, which is removable. Should i put that back after? Or would it make installation of equipment difficult? Would it trap water? Thanks in advance. 

View attachment 21124
Leave it without the liner. I have a small rubber mat at the back where the hose reels are as they cause the most wear taking the reels in and out of the van.

Leave it without the liner. I have a small rubber mat at the back where the hose reels are as they cause the most wear taking the reels in and out of the van.
Hi mate. Thanks for the reply. Yeh i agree, i think it’s best without the liner. And thanks for the tip of putting something under the reel. I have an old rubber peugeot 306 floor mat. Will use that ??

Back