Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice with di vessel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shane84

So I am a part time window cleaner.....and recently iv been looking into producing some pure water and using WFP cleaning for some of the more awkward high windows on my round. Im hoping to use a di vessel to produce pure water so recently I purchased a 10.5 di vessel and resin (pictured below). I was looking some advice into getting started...

Firstly what are the two red latches on the vessel for? Also which side of the vessel should the water be going in and which side should the pure water come out? 

Am i right in saying fill the vessel 3/4 full with resin.......then fill with water (does it have to be pure water?) Then carefully screw on the top? 

Any advice would be welcome 

Thanks ?

IMG_20200625_192823155_HDR.jpgIMG_20200625_192816335_HDR.jpg

The two red catches can be pulled out and different fittings fitted to the vessel I have never removed mine .

for  direction of flow look on the top of the fitting in your picture on the left I think water in to it is on the left and pure water out is on the right .there will be a little black arrow I can see it in your picture 

Yes fill3/4 with resin m I always fill mine just below the neck ,then put some water in it and carefully push the riser tube into the resin screwing it down, make sure that the o ring is in place as you screw the riser down or it will leak  . Ideally use pure water or Tap water with a low  TDS will be fine you are only adding around 8-10 ltr just to make getting the riser in easier 

Last edited by a moderator:
The two red catches can be pulled out and different fittings fitted to the vessel I have never removed mine .

for  direction of flow look on the top of the fitting in your picture on the left I think water in to it is on the left and pure water out is on the right .there will be a little black arrow I can see it in your picture 
Thanks for the advice mate... i wasn't sure if the arrow was where i should attach my hose or where the pure water will come out. But if you say the arrow it the direction of flow the pure water will obviously come out that side ?

Probably asking a fair few questions people would consider stupid but just trying to find my feet with it all. Thanks again ?

Thanks for the advice mate... i wasn't sure if the arrow was where i should attach my hose or where the pure water will come out. But if you say the arrow it the direction of flow the pure water will obviously come out that side ?

Probably asking a fair few questions people would consider stupid but just trying to find my feet with it all. Thanks again ?
No question is stupid we all have to learn, you only learn by asking questions or being shown  

No question is stupid we all have to learn, you only learn by asking questions or being shown 
So when I have all fixings sorted and everything ready to go what kind of flow of hard water should I put through the vessel? Not that i need a huge amount of pure water but im just wondering how much pure water I could expect to produce in say 20 minutes? 

Thanks

So when I have all fixings sorted and everything ready to go what kind of flow of hard water should I put through the vessel? Not that i need a huge amount of pure water but im just wondering how much pure water I could expect to produce in say 20 minutes? 

Thanks
The slower your water goes through the vessel the better as it allows more time for the resin to work. This is more important when the resin has worked a while and becoming spent.

Back