Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First di only use.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stevo66

Morning all. After starting off with an ro/di system we decided to change to di only because of time filling using the ro/di.

Connected di vessel hosepipe in and outlet to tank to fill 400l tank. After filling i did a tds check and the readings are 002. Did this 3 times and all came back as 002. Ro/di readings are always 000. My starting tds is 34.

Shouldn't the di vessel,as its new with new resin,bring it down to 000 or is 002 OK to clean with? Don't want to upset customers.

Have I done something wrong when connecting or is this pretty standard?

Appreciate any advise.

It should bring it down to 000 TDS.

What size vessel are you using

What resin are you using

Have you connected the DI the right way.

As @Part Timer says, run the tap flow slower and the longer the contact time the water has with the resin, the lower the tds will be. I double Di and highly recommend if you want to fill faster, but single Di if you fill slowly.

My main unit is ro/di but just wanted a solution to produce 100l to 200l of water if and when needed. Purchased a small 4.6 vessel as didnt need anything big. Unit came fully filled from bayersanukltd. My start tds is quite low reading 34. Fordt fill of 400l went to 002. I produced approx another 100l of water while out on round and tds as now rocketed to around 17 to 24. This as produced 500l of water in total. Resin calculator estimates 4.6l vessel,would produce approx 2400l of pure water before resin would need replacing. Are my calculations correct because 500l of water to replace resin is going to work out expensive.

My main unit is ro/di but just wanted a solution to produce 100l to 200l of water if and when needed. Purchased a small 4.6 vessel as didnt need anything big. Unit came fully filled from bayersanukltd. My start tds is quite low reading 34. Fordt fill of 400l went to 002. I produced approx another 100l of water while out on round and tds as now rocketed to around 17 to 24. This as produced 500l of water in total. Resin calculator estimates 4.6l vessel,would produce approx 2400l of pure water before resin would need replacing. Are my calculations correct because 500l of water to replace resin is going to work out expensive.
It depends on what resin has been used and I guess if you open it that it will be half full.

Latest Posts

Back