Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Alex Gardiner - Re Gooseneck valve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marko067

Hi Alex, loving the new Gooseneck valve. Even managing to use it with your angled swivel adapter. However, I’ve hit a slight problem using it with the swivel. Due to the movement in the hose it has started popping off the barb on top of the valve. The barb could do with being about 6mm longer and slightly larger for better grip. Do you have any suggestions for keeping the hose on the short barb? I doubt this would be an issue with a fixed gooseneck 

Hi Alex, loving the new Gooseneck valve. Even managing to use it with your angled swivel adapter. However, I’ve hit a slight problem using it with the swivel. Due to the movement in the hose it has started popping off the barb on top of the valve. The barb could do with being about 6mm longer and slightly larger for better grip. Do you have any suggestions for keeping the hose on the short barb? I doubt this would be an issue with a fixed gooseneck 
Hi Mark

Well done for making it work with the Swivel - not many can achieve that ?

Two Options

1st Option

Fit a small O clip over the barb should do the trick - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/oetiker-stepless-o-clip-clamp-7-8-9-5mm-smaller-pole-hose-size.html

2nd Option

This solution is a combination of things:

1. Switching to softer hose for the hose section between valve barb and the brush T connector - perhaps a short length of our All-season pole hose would do.

2. Converting the brush to a close coupled jet assembly - this really works well with the swivel setup - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/2-way-close-coupled-jet-hose-assembly.html

Thanks Alex. I do, as Jango said use the close coupled hose set. Great bit of kit. I have a little bit of All Season hose so will give that a try. Makes sense. I’m not sure there’s enough barb protruding from the cap to fit an ‘o’ clip though.

I couldn't get on with these...got one virtually new free to a good home.

Not posting so anybody round this area Batley/Dewsbury.

Back