Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New toy????????

Pjj

Premium Member
Thought I would get myself a new stiffer pole the clx is a nice pole but for  plastic cleans is a bit whippey and we are stacked out with them ???

I have always used the 18 before but thought the 22 might be a bit better over some conservatories saves using the six 25 

48D150E1-74CF-4967-B03E-D3791481AC29.jpeg

1AB30C69-AEBC-43BA-8519-7F420C3BAC2A.jpeg

With my daughter now using my X22 I decided to opt for an X25 instead of another 22. It’s great having the extra length, but the longer closed length takes some getting used to. I’m having to relearn all my moves on certain properties. Keep getting caught on all manner of things. However, the bonus is I don’t have to extend 2 1/2 sections to do first floor stuff. 

I’ve got the extreme 25 and love it but it’s a little too delicate fo my liking I think once it goes I’ll return to the SLX good solid pole that lasts ??

Yeh nice @Pjj

as you get more experience you’ll find what best works for you! Invest the money you earn into new/better equipment. If you want to learn any tips on how to use an extreme properly or maintain it there’s some helpful threads on here ? ?

Yeh nice @Pjj

as you get more experience you’ll find what best works for you! Invest the money you earn into new/better equipment. If you want to learn any tips on how to use an extreme properly or maintain it there’s some helpful threads on here ? ?
Ok thanks for that it’s great advice ????

Yeh nice @Pjj

With his track record of snapping sections he might well need to read up ? 

Extremes all day long for me ?

much prefer working with the shorter 18 and 22  than the 25’  I can be a little clumsy with it.

I have a spare 18 extream top section Ime guessing it’s the same top section as the 22 as the overall collapsed length is the same ???? So I should be ok for a bit ???

Looking forward to hearing how work goes with the new toy?
I think the 22 is what I shall be going for at some point this month, so will be good to hear your experience @Pjj

Looking forward to hearing how work goes with the new toy?
I think the 22 is what I shall be going for at some point this month, so will be good to hear your experience @Pjj
I have had I think 3 18 extreams before, I thought the 22 would be useful over some conservatives and v lux windows on bungalows  , it will join the extream 35 that I also  have and I have also  had the 47 years ago . They are nice poles although they are more delicate than the slx I will have to be careful pushing windows shut with it ???

I venture to suggest that most of us who do residential work probably only use the top two sections of our poles most of the time. What I've started to do when I see a window I know is not going to be easy to close, is to use the lower sections of the pole. So instead of opening sections 1&2 I'll open 2&3 or 3&4. The pole feels heavier like this but it's a lot more sturdy for closing windows. It only happens a few times during the day but if it saves me having to replace a section before it's due time, then I don't mind.

Back