Got my new pole

Diamond geezer

Diamond geezer

After many many months of deliberation,i bought my first New pole,Gardiner slx 18.I worked out 97% of my work can be reached with this,so paid that bit more,as were going to be close.I have a flocked sill and a supreme dupont to try also.Thanks for all the advise...I do have a slight problem though,how do i fit my univalve?i know i have to put a hose clip,where the hose comes out,the to of the gooseneck,but do i need to omit the john guest fitting that came with the orange pu goose neck hose.Please respond,because id love to use monday morning.Must congratulate Gardiners also,recieved order within two days.

Edited by Diamond geezer

Cut the pole hose at the top and add UV with clamps. Watch few vids on you tube showing how to fit. Get it hot and use washing up as lubricant...

Diamond geezer

Yes thanks,but Gardiner supply an orange pu hose with a fitting, as standard with there gooseneck iam wonderihg should i  omit this fitting cause of the tugging on the univave.Ive also heard on this forum,pu griips tighter than a ducks...and so dosent need the clip

Yeah, get rid of the small black John guest fitting, put the univalve there instead, no need for o-clips with the orange pu hose, just one on the outside of the goose neck or a hose stay to stop it pulling on the jets when you use the univalve.

Diamond geezer
13 minutes ago, High-tower said:

Yeah, get rid of the small black John guest fitting,

Thanks mate perfect information iam shure,ill be on that one no worries!!