Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smeared windows - help

LS Window’s

So did a job yesterday, no matter how much I cleaned and rinsed afterwards, a few of the windows were left with smear marks. What could this be? Done nothing differently to any other house I’ve done with perfect results. Should I be doing this style of window differently? They are the leaded type panelled windows On an old cottage. 

ive attached a picture,  not easy to see but  hopefully visible enough for someone to give me an answer. Thanks

62F65DA0-0E83-40DA-A525-7C8DBD5E4AB7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So did a job yesterday, no matter how much I cleaned and rinsed afterwards, a few of the windows were left with smear marks. What could this be? Done nothing differently to any other house I’ve done with perfect results. Should I be doing this style of window differently? They are the leaded type panelled windows On an old cottage. 

ive attached a picture,  not easy to see but  hopefully visible enough for someone to give me an answer. Thanks

View attachment 21196
Could it be lead contamination that stains the glass?

These could be smears from where the customer has cleaned the inside of the window.

Or if it's a double glazed unit it could have blown - when these units start to blow you tend to see them in only a certain kind of light. Are the windows all on the same side of the house?

That looks inside to me, appears they have just had a quick wipe with a cloth. 
I concur, 100% those smears are on the inside, still baffles me why some blame the windy straight off, just baffled how the custy thinks the windows are like that off wfp ? 

@LS Window’s respond to the custy asking them to double check it's not on the inside ask them to draw a line through the smear on the inside of the pane and they will have their answer. 

Thanks everyone, customer Has gone very quiet since I asked if it could possibly be indoors and I can come round to take a look if she’d like! So reckon you’re all right, had a feeling about her from the start to be honest ?

Back