Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PS error on shurflo.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lame Perk

Changed the pressure switch. Changed all wiring and terminals to and from battery.

Today out of frustration I joined the two cables that go to the pressure switch in a chock to bypass it and get a days work done.

It's now working. Anyone else had such an issue? Driving me mad.

Thanks.

Has your kit been working ok, and this is a problem that has just started up?

Is it new kit that you're getting used to? (Controllers need a little understanding to set properly. I'm thinking the 'Cal' feature may be improperly set if your controller has this feature)

Does the problem exist as soon as you switch on or only after you have been working for a while?

Does the pressure switch work if you run the pump with no controller? (I'm not suggesting you run your setup like this but it may help resolve your issue)

These are all things the folk on here need to know to be able to help you

Changed the pressure switch. Changed all wiring and terminals to and from battery.

Today out of frustration I joined the two cables that go to the pressure switch in a chock to bypass it and get a days work done.

It's now working. Anyone else had such an issue? Driving me mad.

Thanks.
Having PS come up on the controller doesn't only mean you have the pressure switch activated. It could also be the you had a poor connection on the wiring to and from the motor after the controller. It could also mean dodgy/burnt contacts within the microswitch.

Sometime issues occur when the adjusting screw above the pressure switch has been 'tampered' with. This means the pressure switch is cutting out at a very low pressure. Normally the electronic pressure switch on the controller will activate before the pressure switch does so you get a DE signal when the pump cuts out rather than PS.

If the system is working without the pressure switch connected then leave it as it is.

You might want to do an auto calibrate to ensure its working right.

I was getting a PS reading last week I just reduced my Cal by 2 and it went into De and have had a PS reading in the past and intermittent low pressure turns out the jubilee clips needing tightening up.

Sorry. Perhaps didn't explain well.
PS error comes up and I need to completely restart the controller otherwise I get no output.

Pretty sure there's a dodgy connection, but even after adding new terminals. Still PS.
I've recalibrated, many times. No avail.

Running the most basic of systems. Tank to pump to reel to brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Perhaps didn't explain well.
PS error comes up and I need to completely restart the controller otherwise I get no output.

Pretty sure there's a dodgy connection, but even after adding new terminals. Still PS.
I've recalibrated, many times. No avail.

Running the most basic of systems. Tank to pump to reel to brush.
Pull the fuse out of the controller and leave it out for a couple of minutes. This will reset the controller. Then put the fuse back in a try it.

If that doesn't work remove the pressure switch from the circuit and try that. if it works recalibrate the controller and leave the pressure switch disconnected.

If you have the same problem then there could be a fault with the controller. Most controller failures are caused by operator error, one being reversed polarity.

Back