Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CMcB

Hi guys, 

I have a metal clover reel with 6mm microbore hose on it. The reducer that connects the 6mm hose to the output elbow has snapped. I believe its a 1/8" thread. I can only seem to find suppliers selling this piece with an 8mm barb. will the 6mm hose fit on it? does anyone know where to get this piece with a 6mm barb?

Thanks for the response @spruce They have the 1/8 with 8mm barb that I mentioned

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/metal-male-bspt-screw-thread-to-hose-barb-fittings.html

But they dont have with 6mm barb. In addition they dont ship to Ireland. Sureclean have the same piece with 8mm barb (but not on their website) 
When I fitted microbore hose to my hose reel I had to purchase this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8-BSP-to-6mm-Brass-Barb-Straight-Hose-Connector/193080847528?hash=item2cf483eca8:g:17AAAOSwiZddbPks

I have always run minibore and this was the same threaded fitting but with an 8mm hose barb.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi guys, 

I have a metal clover reel with 6mm microbore hose on it. The reducer that connects the 6mm hose to the output elbow has snapped. I believe its a 1/8" thread. I can only seem to find suppliers selling this piece with an 8mm barb. will the 6mm hose fit on it? does anyone know where to get this piece with a 6mm barb?
visit your local hose and hydraulics suppliers. See someone face to face. Build a relationship with a local company. Plus they will have everything there and then. Try it fit it job done

Stay away from crapbay and online overpriced suppliers 

visit your local hose and hydraulics suppliers. See someone face to face. Build a relationship with a local company. Plus they will have everything there and then. Try it fit it job done

Stay away from crapbay and online overpriced suppliers 
Sage advice

Latest Posts

Back