Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Last commercial job to come back on line

Pjj

Premium Member
Tomorrow we will, be cleaning a hotel and apartment complexes inside and out , we normally only do the outside but they want everything doing this time as a deep clean , guests start arriving on Saturday this is our last commercial job to come back on line since the lock down . It’s covered in salt and spiders  webs , there are as many windows around the back as can be seen in front pictures , and before any one sais about the guys with the ladders that’s not us ???? that’s the maintenance guys from the hotel . 

How has everyone else got on with commercial jobs opening up again ??? 

3D1C715E-A432-4F85-B58B-9DD9A3DB37D6.jpeg

01958AD8-93DB-4974-B982-3D8389CF67EA.jpeg

1706C340-AC54-4587-9A80-4B9DDC9E2B31.jpeg

A88283CA-9646-444E-8DAF-2631772202CC.jpeg

Dropping all my commercial apart from a few bits and bobs over run with my residential work .

Dropping all my commercial apart from a few bits and bobs over run with my residential work .
Lol we are in a similar position I have taken on so much domestic extra work over the last 3 months Ime struggling to fit in the commercial again , I won’t be giving up the commercial though as it’s to good an earner , could do with another two vans at the moment !!! 

Lol we are in a similar position I have taken on so much domestic extra work over the last 3 months Ime struggling to fit in the commercial again , I won’t be giving up the commercial though as it’s to good an earner , could do with another two vans at the moment !!! 
GooD to be in the position ?

I've only had one commercial come back to us. I tried to call another today and the phone line is dead. Doesn't sound good.

I'm not hopeful for the school and the gym is still closed.

I've only had one commercial come back to us. I tried to call another today and the phone line is dead. Doesn't sound good.

Sorry to hear that spruce better come down hear and give us a hand 

Sorry to hear that spruce better come down hear and give us a hand 
I'm in the same boat as you with residential. I'm a man down with my son looking after the children. ATM he does 2 houses to my 1. If you look at those figures I'm actually 2 men down with the third on his knees.. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of mine are back now still a few that are not and some I don't think will reopen.And some never stopped.

It's not looking great nothing major but lost one job I have had for 5-6 years because the cleaning company are going in cheaper and another went from monthly to bi monthly.

Both were management work which is normally very safe as they never reduce service charges and always have money.

I think a lot of business will use this as an excuse to drive prices down.Spoke to a mate of mine yesterday who has a large commercial window cleaning business in London and said unless you're doing the really big stuff the small to medium jobs seem to be going backwards in price and I have to agree the same for round my way.Over saturation and spotless are killing it.

I may have to get back on the residential(I hope not).I may put a full page add out in the local paper offering one free clean to temp them.That should upset a few round here.

(I am joking).

I drove past this customer whose phone was dead. The building is completely empty and so is the storage unit they operate across the road. Strange as its run as a charity.

Back