Jump to content

I am realising I just can't get away with it like I used to.


Recommended Posts

I turned 40 this year, and gradually I have been needing to go bed earlier and earlier, starting from the age of 37 my bedtime went from 11:30 pm to 10:00pm by the beginning of this year.

Anyway, I had a really late night last night got carried away enjoying myself, and didn't get into bed until 2:45am.😯 no problems I think to myself, I'll just drink black coffee and neck back some pro-plus like I used to back in my early to mid 30's and get out do the work, come back and then go straight to bed.

Tried that today...nope. body is not doing it. I can't walk in a straight line, I keep dropping things, and I realised I would just be a danger to myself today..

So i did the unthinkable, stayed in, and spent a small fortune on ebay whilst watching Pokemon with my son.

It's been a fantastic day TBH, this is something I never do.

Anyway off to sleep, tomorrow awaits..

Link to post

Well you're off the invite list next time @Den and I organise a shindig. Invite criteria being you must have the ability to drink a minimum of 12 pints, equivalent amount of shorts, 2 per pint, only allowed with prior consent. Full English Breakfast at 7.30 the next day 

Link to post
23 minutes ago, cleaniac said:

I turned 40 this year, and gradually I have been needing to go bed earlier and earlier, starting from the age of 37 my bedtime went from 11:30 pm to 10:00pm by the beginning of this year.

Anyway, I had a really late night last night got carried away enjoying myself, and didn't get into bed until 2:45am.😯 no problems I think to myself, I'll just drink black coffee and neck back some pro-plus like I used to back in my early to mid 30's and get out do the work, come back and then go straight to bed.

Tried that today...nope. body is not doing it. I can't walk in a straight line, I keep dropping things, and I realised I would just be a danger to myself today..

So i did the unthinkable, stayed in, and spent a small fortune on ebay whilst watching Pokemon with my son.

It's been a fantastic day TBH, this is something I never do.

Anyway off to sleep, tomorrow awaits..

It’s because you are old 😄 unlike myself and @Part Timer 👍

  • Haha 4
Link to post

Lordy, used to work all over the country with my cousin helping him shop fitting and roller shutter servicing for richer sounds hi fi. Every night ended up as a full on session, usually starting in the afternoon. Managed get kicked out of 3 night clubs in Nottingham one time, Couldn't keep up with him. cafe in colchester even sold stella so was on it for the elevenses 🤢 Just been a weekender now for years.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
RWCleaning

My 30, but I can’t function properly on less that 7 hours sleep now. I have a consistent routine though for the week. Usually asleep by 11:45/12. Alarm always goes off at 7:30. Weekends it’s more of a whatever. 
 

Good sleep routine is so important for several things.  

Link to post

Iv'e managed to fall asleep before 9pm whilst I was in my 20's I fell asleep on the sofa at 6.30pm the other night so no hope for me 😅

  • Haha 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Turned 40 this year, bl**dy whipper snappers! 😄

You looked older than me in that photo you put up a while and I'm 45 😅

Link to post
Clearview Lee

I was a definite after midnight man in my 30's, but since around 40yo 10.30 is my bedtime.

If I go to bed at 11pm I struggle to rise the next morning. I don't really drink anymore anyway, so don't get hangovers anymore! 🙂 Cannot remember the last one I had, even.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Clearview Lee said:

don't get hangovers anymore! 🙂 Cannot remember the last one I had, even.

Just slightly misquote you for my personal use. Neither do I, practice makes perfect :beerchug: Mind after this lockdown I might need plenty of practice to get up to speed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post

I'm 48 and very rarely go to bed past midnight these days......I feel fairly fit and well most of the time....

 

However I got rushed into hospital by my missus at 8am on Tuesday this week with atrial fibrillation!I'm taking the week off and taking it easy....I've not had a week off since xmas.....I had 2 episodes of it back in 2006 and nothing until tuesday morning(I woke up with my heart beating all over the place)☹👎

 

They just couldn't get my heart rate back to normal!tried beta blockers and flecainide in a drip.....anyway they let me out after 6 hours and it went back to normal an hour later while I was walking the dog thankfully!still a scary experience....I'm on blood thinners now but I've stopped taking the beta blockers as they make me feel sick and dizzy and tired all the time......

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, dazmond said:

They just couldn't get my heart rate back to normal!tried beta blockers and flecainide in a drip.....anyway they let me out after 6 hours and it went back to normal an hour later while I was walking the dog thankfully!still a scary experience....I'm on blood thinners now but I've stopped taking the beta blockers as they make me feel sick and dizzy and tired all the time......

I watched A&E and the old guy's heart was racing.They ended up shocking him thus stopping his heart so it would go back into correct rhythm and it worked but it was pretty painful. 🤔 

Link to post

First off, sorry to hear that @dazmond hope all is well or will be soon. I remember being about 20 years old, I went to my local town centre to go shopping and all of a sudden my heart start to race and thump and POUND out of my chest at a very alarming rate. It scared the hell out of me I literally thought I was going to die. Baring in mind I was playing at lot of football at this point and was very fit. I've never forgotten it and hope it never happens again but wonder if it was something like that as I never got it checked out. It's always been in the back of my mind ever since.

Back to the OP, I'm 40 and very rarely do I get to bed before 1.30am. Always been a night owl but for sure as I'm getting older I'm certainly starting to feel the effects of it now. I actually had an early night the other night (11.30pm) for the first time in what must be years and certainly felt better for it the next morning so I'm thinking a change might be necessary soon.

Link to post
On 02/07/2020 at 19:22, dazmond said:

I'm 48 and very rarely go to bed past midnight these days......I feel fairly fit and well most of the time....

 

However I got rushed into hospital by my missus at 8am on Tuesday this week with atrial fibrillation!I'm taking the week off and taking it easy....I've not had a week off since xmas.....I had 2 episodes of it back in 2006 and nothing until tuesday morning(I woke up with my heart beating all over the place)☹👎

 

They just couldn't get my heart rate back to normal!tried beta blockers and flecainide in a drip.....anyway they let me out after 6 hours and it went back to normal an hour later while I was walking the dog thankfully!still a scary experience....I'm on blood thinners now but I've stopped taking the beta blockers as they make me feel sick and dizzy and tired all the time......

That's pretty scary, maybe your over doing it a bit if you clashing out a good amount of jobs in your short working days, possibly a sign to slow things down a bit 🤔

I have relatively easy working days I don't keep myself fit at all and drink too much beer and never had any health issues. 

Link to post

Got our table booked for 5. A nice steady 4 hour session to get me back into the swing of things.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

Got our table booked for 5. A nice steady 4 hour session to get me back into the swing of things.

Only 20 pints then 😄

Link to post
1 minute ago, Den said:

Only 20 pints then 😄

Will try and keep it to 3 an hour, I think the first few will be like a kid in a candy shop though 😄

Link to post

Yesterday was sorting out end of my garden years of old timber and **** 💩 had a big fire 🔥 in the garden last night was up drinking on my own till 12.30 feel rough myself this morning can’t seem to handle it like I used too.

 

might knock drinking on the head.

Naaa 😄

  • Haha 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.