Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI in Van or at home?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ched999uk

Reading lots here and youtube from some of the members here, thanks.

It seems like a lot of van setups seem to DI after the onboard tank, I assume pure is being produced at home before being pumped to onboard tank.

Is there a specific reason that the DI unit is not at home with the filters/Ro unit? 

Cheers for any advice.

It seems like a lot of van setups seem to DI after the onboard tank, I assume pure is being produced at home before being pumped to onboard tank.

Is there a specific reason that the DI unit is not at home with the filters/Ro unit? 

Cheers for any advice.
I produce my pure water at home. 

Mains water into my DI then into my IBCs. Pumped onboard my van when needed. Easy as 

Cheers for any advice.
If your on board tank is filled with pure then there is no need to run through an onboard DI vessel on the output. How and where you make or get your pure from is a different question. 
 The DI vessel and or an RO are at your source of production of pure water. Some have this in there van or at home. 

Some might have the option to fill up at the job site. If they are in a soft water area where they can use di only then they could fill their tank with unpurified water and filter it on demand.

I believe some in Scotland are able to do this where the water is soft and no customers are on a water meter.

Some might have the option to fill up at the job site. If they are in a soft water area where they can use di only then they could fill their tank with unpurified water and filter it on demand.

I believe some in Scotland are able to do this where the water is soft and no customers are on a water meter.
Spruce is correct. No water meters and water is soft. My water is 'hard' for my area at 70ppm. Some customers get 35ppm. I run two di vessels in line (maximise my resin's life) and can top up when out if required.

Back