Hot water Systems

Hi Guys need a bit of help . I need a Heater fitted to my system , but unsure what is best , Either a diesel Facelift fitted one or a LPG instantaneous , Obviously the Diesel one is More expensive but I just want to to anyone who has either and can help me please ...Thanks 

If it's just the requirement to use hot water whilst washing then the cheapest way is using an immersion heater.  

2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

If it's just the requirement to use hot water whilst washing then the cheapest way is using an immersion heater.  

Hi thanks for the Reply . I just need it for some Conservatorys I got coming up as they are green 1 has not been cleaned in 5 years and under trees  . I don't stand a chance with cold water on this  . And he is a new customer with 2 houses .  Also I just think it be a lot easier to have hot water with the colder weather in a few months time . 

There are a few posts regarding this and I believe Squeaky Clean has a video on YouTube on how to do it yourself. Personally wouldn't go down the LPG route and I have a 9kw Webasto heater and given what I know now I would go the immersion route, assuming you can plug the van in overnight.

Just now, Part Timer said:

There are a few posts regarding this and I believe Squeaky Clean has a video on YouTube on how to do it yourself. Personally wouldn't go down the LPG route and I have a 9kw Webasto heater and given what I know now I would go the immersion route, assuming you can plug the 

ok I have a look at Dave . Why do you say not LPG Route . Just asking 

1 minute ago, Mark75 said:

ok I have a look at Dave . Why do you say not LPG Route . Just asking 

Just the safety aspect and potential hassle of insurance, sure there are some that think it's perfectly safe but I'm not in that camp. 

• Agree 2

LPG ones tend to have a safety cut out - kicks in after 15-20 minutes of continuous use. In my experience (I had two and both caught fire) the flame kept blowing out, I mounted mine on the back door which kept blowing shut in the wind - and nearly cooking the inside of my van. LPG was expensive to re-fill (local marina).

I have a webasto diesel heater as back up now and I run an immersion heater daily for my hot water. 

On 03/07/2020 at 20:39, AGlassAct said:

LPG ones tend to have a safety cut out - kicks in after 15-20 minutes of continuous use. In my experience (I had two and both caught fire) the flame kept blowing out, I mounted mine on the back door which kept blowing shut in the wind - and nearly cooking the inside of my van. LPG was expensive to re-fill (local marina).

I have a webasto diesel heater as back up now and I run an immersion heater daily for my hot water. 

Thanks for the advice . I have to.have a rethink now for sure 

On 03/07/2020 at 20:39, AGlassAct said:

Gotta be honest, if you fit something like an lpg heater on a door that moves all the time I'm not surprised you had issues. Definitely needs to be in a not moving (not including the actual vehicle before anyone says it) location and mounted using rubber bushes to absorb any vibration/movement. Used mine everyday for a year and not had any issues

It was on rubber mounts. The door was always wedged open (with a ‘prop’) can’t see what happens when you are working away from the van so I don’t actually know if a passer by decided to close the door or whether a gust dislodged the door stay. Thanks for the input though. These little LPG heaters were seen as the ‘saviour’ to quick hot water at one point. I tried it - didn’t like it. Back to an immersion heater and a webasto as they are much simpler (IMO)

1 hour ago, AGlassAct said:

It was on rubber mounts. The door was always wedged open (with a ‘prop’) can’t see what happens when you are working away from the van so I don’t actually know if a passer by decided to close the door or whether a gust dislodged the door stay. Thanks for the input though. These little LPG heaters were seen as the ‘saviour’ to quick hot water at one point. I tried it - didn’t like it. Back to an immersion heater and a webasto as they are much simpler (IMO)

To be honest they are great, I use mine all the time, and have also fitted a gasit cylinder so that I can refill at the petrol station. Wouldn't want to be without it and the fact its on demand means I dont use what I don't need 👍

scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Baldmonkey said:

To be honest they are great, I use mine all the time, and have also fitted a gasit cylinder so that I can refill at the petrol station. Wouldn't want to be without it and the fact its on demand means I dont use what I don't need 👍

As long as they don't comprehend the van's insurance then I see it as a cheap hot water system. I have the 9kw Webasto but have to pay £600 a year for service to my system. I must be nearly £2k now for insurance and service a year for van, system, liability and tools (£15k cover). Today I took delivery of a Branch chipper machine and now £3.6k lighter but can always sell it second hand and get more than half back.